019

hi im back here y'all go!!!

//

on the following monday, geoff didn't feel good enough to even get out of bed, but with his sister and aunt pushing at him to get out of bed, he did. with a groan, geoff slung himself out of bed and turned on his phone, seeing multiple text messages from awsten. most of them wished him a good morning, saying he hoped he slept well. the effort was cute.

when he finally decided to get out of bed, he searched around the floor for a pair of jeans that were hopefully clean. it was never clear what was good or not in his room because everything seemed to end up on the floor anyway. clean or dirty. roughly ten minutes later, geoff had found jeans and a hoodie, deciding a shirt was too much for a monday morning.

getting ready was quick for him, but he absolutely hated it. his aunt came by again, knocking on the door to make sure that he was in fact awake and not still in bed.

"i'm up!" geoff groaned softly as he slipped on his shoes. they were beaten to hell and back, but they were his favorites.

"good, now get a move on. grab a banana on the way out!"

geoff trucked himself downstairs, grabbed the banana and then was out the door and on his way to school. from his sleepy state, geoff felt like he was walking on air when he arrived to school. even though everything was so loud inside, he felt almost lifeless. briskly, he found awsten and his small group of friends. they were new faces this time around.

"hey sweetheart," awsten grinned when geoff came up next to him. he secured an arm around his waist before kissing the side of his head. it made geoff blush. he was okay with pda, but with all of awsten's friends staring, it made him nervous.

"hey," geoff mumbled into his side, eyes dropping closed once again. he had no idea how he was going to stay awake during their first period.

"sleepy?" he asked softly as he still continued on with the conversation with his friends.

"mhm."

awsten started to rub his back softly, placing kisses to the top of his head whenever he wasn't speaking with his friends. his friends always cooed when awsten showed geoff some love, which made geoff hide his face even more into his side.

"he's so cute! you're lucky, awsten."

"aw, look at him! he is so soft!"

"i can't believe you got this good, dude."

awsten chuckled and shook his head, "stop it guys... he is shy."he was always defending him and making sure he was alright. that always seemed to be awsten's first priority. when his friends comments died down, geoff slowly came out of hiding and stood normally next to awsten.

"hey there," his boyfriend teased him lightly, making geoff punch him in the arm softly, "you don't look fantastic... do you want to miss first?"he asked when he saw how geoff's complexion was. his face wasn't filled with color like usual.

"miss first? i can't be skipping-"

"it won't be skipping. i can get us a pass to second. plus my friend works in the attendance office, i can make him mark us here first period." awsten promised him. he was good with stuff like that. since he had friends almost everywhere, they were able to pull strings for him when needed.