018

the weekend was going to be fun, awsten didn't really go much planning for their date tonight, but that's okay. he was honestly just going to take him to walmart for candy and then take him to see baby driver, geoff had been talking about seeing the movie forever so awsten took that opportunity to see it with him.

awsten really debated on skipping school altogether, and just showing up to pick geoff up at the end, but that would put geoff into a bad mood. awsten knew that for a fact, so he showed up. throughout the day, awsten would request for geoff to come to the library or the bathroom, just wanting to see him despite them having classes together. geoff thought it was sweet until his teacher sent an all-call for him throughout the teachers, saying he had been gone for more than ten minutes at it wasn't like him.

a male security had came into the bathroom and caught the two, just laughing with each other, luckily. he pointed to geoff and said he had to go back to class and was getting escorted in case he was not to return. this wasn't like geoff. he attended all of his classes and was always punctually. he rarely missed class or even thought about skipping, awsten changed that about him.

geoff was walked to class by security, and so was awsten. both of the boys had been seen skipping class together and it was obvious that it was almost always awsten's idea. but geoff would never actually admit that to anyone, not wanting to place the blame on anyone but himself.

the two boys attended the rest of their classes without ditching to see each other because they had their date after school. when the last bell rang, they met up at awsten's locker before heading out to his car. they put their bags in the backseat and awsten started driving to walmart so they didn't have to purchase overly priced candy. awsten wore a jacket with deep pockets that day for a reason.

at the theater, awsten bought two tickets and lead them to seats in the back corner, knowing no one could stare at them if they were sitting behind everyone. they sat in the seats right next to each other, their hands immediately finding each other and tangling together. despite the two being excited to see the movie, geoff spent almost half of it staring at awsten and seeing his reactions to the film.

when it was over, they stood up from their seats and threw away their various candy wrappers. their hands twined together once again and awsten pressed a quick kiss to the other boys cheek. geoff got flustered and put his face into the crook of awsten's neck as they walked back to his car. inside, the same music from earlier was playing, one of the only trap songs that geoff enjoyed. he wasn't a big fan of gucci gang, or look at me!, or bodak yellow. he tolerated awsten's music because he did the same for him. sometimes he got to play his pop-punk in the car, but only classics.

they went back to geoff's house and parked next to the sidewalk. in the process of trying to parallel park, awsten backed into their trash cans and drove up onto the curb, almost hitting the neighbors mailbox. they might have ended terribly, the neighbors already disliked people parking there and ruining a mailbox would just be the cherry on top.

///

on sunday, geoff was up bright and early. he let awsten sleep, deciding to only wake him up when they needed to leave because he doubted awsten wanted to be up at seven in the morning. he took his shower and brought the clean clothes with him into the bathroom, deciding to change in there in case awsten woke up while he was half naked.

after the shower, he dried off his hair and went downstairs for breakfast. his aunt had been awake for the last thirty minutes, so coffee was already made and the toaster was plugged into the wall. his aunt glanced over at him as he grabbed his usual mug.

"you remember you have an appointment today. don't you?" she asked with a hum.

"i do, aws is taking me... he said he would."