020

i figured out the timeline of this story... but it's a lil messy... but this chapter is basically the start of feb. got it? ok.

///

geoff had spent lots of time, alone, thinking about how he wanted to carry out his relationship with awsten. he knew of his past, almost everyone did. he knew that he went around and tried to push himself into so many people's lives, even if they said no. despite his rather unpleasant past, the brunette was willing to overlook that.

as of recent, awsten had made him the happiest he's felt in months. maybe years. he didn't know how to explain his feelings without getting all stutter-y and nervous about it. awsten made his stomach churn and his eyes light up. something about him was different from the other boys geoff has ever developed a crush on. he wasn't necessarily always into the boys that got in trouble and had questionable pasts.

the "worst" boy he's ever had a crush was actually not even a student anymore. he had graduated last year and went by the name of jack. he was tall and tanned, always seemed to wear a leather jacket, even in the heat. it would be nearing 90°, and he would be in it. his tattoos were obvious and colourful, and that's what geoff loved the most. he was really into tattoos and jack was just his type. turns out, jack had been dating another older boy the whole time and no one knew. okay, it was a bit heartbreaking but he only had this crush from afar but still.

people were hesitant on accepting that awsten had a boyfriend. it had been awhile since ciara but between now and then, things seemed dangerous. there was talk around school that awsten was using geoff, but that was the biggest lie he had heard in awhile. he wasn't planning to mess with him at all. geoff brought in a whole new aspect into his life. it had only been a few months, but the shyer boy was altering things around for him. he slowed down things and made things have meanings again.

geoff was still keeping some things from awsten, though, but it was nothing major. it wouldn't change their relationship at all, maybe awsten would start worrying a little more, but that's not what geoff wanted at all. that would be one of the last things he wanted. school seemed to be hard enough for him, seeing he was trying to get all of his stuff for college together before the end. plus graduation.

with graduation coming up in june, there was only so much left do to. everyone was graduating and trying to apply to colleges and get scholarships before it's too late. with all of the senior meetings going on, awsten felt like they were wasting more time than they should be. he had applied to five various colleges already, three being in state and two being out. he didn't know what to do if he got accepted to the ones he actually wanted to go to. of course he would go, but what if he got accepted to more than one? that was something he didn't even want to think about right now.

sitting in class, just trying to get his grades up, awsten was really trying his hardest. geoff helped him when he was capable to, but he was in the same boat as him. both of them were pushing their grades up. geoff was planning on graduating with a gpa higher than 3.5, which was pretty doable. there was also cords for that. that would make his aunt and uncle content. that's what he wanted.

"did you ever figure out problem three?"

"what worksheet?"

"uh, worksheet b, for calculus?"

geoff nodded as he dug through papers to find it, "yup."

awsten took the paper and started to copy down the work. he was only missing this one and another one. he needed to get them in and he would have a better grade. even with their last day so far away, he was cramming in work.

"what's your grade in that class anyway?"

"a c+, but i need something higher than that. my mom said so."

geoff nodded as he went back to reading from his cwi packet. they used their last period to work on extra stuff almost everyday. he only did a few questions before giving up on it for the day.

"we hanging out this weekend?" awsten asked, making geoff smile softly

"yeah... i'm not busy. what're you doing on the fourteenth?"

valentine's day was the fourteenth and geoff was trying to pry, see if awsten had made any plans already for the two of them. it was coming up in a few days and he wanted to also make sure his aunt didn't make him do something.

"fourteenth? i don't know yet. we'll hangout, yeah?" he hummed softly. awsten did have plans for that day but they were kind of going to be a surprise. he would tell geoff they were going to hangout but not exactly what they'd be doing.

geoff nodded, "oh alright. sounds like a plan."

awsten offered a smile before leaning over and kissing geoff's cheek lightly. soon the bell was ringing and they were walking down the hallway together, hands clasped tightly together. people stared but none of that mattered to the two of them. as long as they were happy, that's all that mattered.

the two stood outside of the school, people swirling around them like the ocean. it felt like they were in their own world. that was all broken when one of awsten's friends basically jumped onto his back to ask about a test that was taken in one of their classes. it startled geoff. a lot.

"the test— was it easy?"

"if you got to see the worksheets beforehand, yeah. you taking it tomorrow?"

"during lunch, yup."

"good luck with that, dude. it's not complicated just gotta know what you're doing."

awsten was slapped in the back before getting a goodbye. geoff was still scared of his friends, even after a few months of trying to get use to them. they were just so loud and open, it was something he wasn't used to.

"who's that?" he asked softly

"aaron. he's cool. when he's not yelling, you'd like him."

geoff nodded again and waited until he saw his own friends getting into the bus. awsten kissed him goodbye and said he'd send him a text later about hanging out on the weekend. the boys were growing so close to each other, their worlds were intertwining. it was so different, but it was such a good difference.

awsten had to wait a bit longer than geoff did, since his friend was pulling his car around the front of the building. he grinned when he saw the car pull up, his friend inside.

"what's up, dude?" max exclaimed from the window and awsten came around the car, getting into the passenger seat. "saw you with your boytoy. you two are getting close." he teased

awsten rolled his eyes, "he's not my boytoy. he's my boyfriend."

"same thing, whatever. you two in love or whatever?" he asked, halfway joking.

awsten shrugged, "maybe. can't tell just yet."

"you can't tell? what does that mean?"

"i dunno. we'll cross that bridge when we get to it."

///

today was my last day of school so here is a quick lil chapter!!