s e v e n

It was Maddie Fuller.

Of all people, Rob had chosen to start seeing Maddie Fuller? I mean, sure it wasn't as bad as choosing Abigail, but it really wasn't as different if you thought about it. Rob began running in our direction, quickly letting go of Maddie's hand. A shocked expression appeared on her face, followed by pure anger.

I quickly shoved Sarah towards the car, and we hopped inside, but it was too late. Rob pounded on the window. "Come on Heather. Open up, I can explain this." But I didn't listen. I told Sarah to drive us out of here, and she did just that. I watched Rob chase us until he got tired, then turn around in defeat.

"Dude's a goddamn psycho. He nearly broke my window with how hard he hit it." Sarah muttered angrily.

"I'm never talking to him again." I said, not knowing at the time just how wrong I'd be.

"Maybe there's an explanation for it." Sarah said suddenly after a few moments.

"So you're trying to look on the bright side of things now?" I snorted. "I mean, what happened to him just being a player like every other hot guy?"

Sarah sighed. "Look, I'm just trying to shine a little light on a situation that doesn't seem to be looking too good right now."

I rolled my eyes. "Yeah, okay. Maybe you should've done that in the first place. From the start of trying to find him all you've done is speak negatively about him."

"You're the one who wanted to get out of there so quick. You didn't even give him time to explain."

"Whose side are you on?"

Sarah didn't answer, but I didn't need her to. We pulled into my driveway and I got out. I didn't even want to go inside, or even be around anyone else, so I ditched her and told her I wanted to go for a walk to clear my head. I walked down the street, the heat getting progressively worse with every step I took. Today though, I ignored it. My mind was way too preoccupied to focus on much else.

I found myself at the park again, and as luck would have it, Calvin Williams was sitting on one of the swings again. He grinned when he saw me. "Heather?"

"Yeah, hey." I said, walking towards him. I really hoped my face wasn't showing all the emotions I felt, but I knew it was.

"You look stressed. Is everything okay?"

"Everything's fucking peachy Calvin."

"That doesn't sound very convincing." he smirked. "Come on, tell me."

I decided to be truthful since lying wasn't making things too good between the two of us. "It's Rob. He's seeing Maddie Fuller." I said.

Calvin's face fell. "Oh." was his only response.

"Is that all? Just oh?"

"Well, what do you want me to say Heather? That I'm sorry? Because if you want the honest truth, I'm not. You already told me you and Rob weren't even a thing, and that you didn't like him, now you're telling me you're upset because he's seeing Maddie. I like you Heather, and I'm not just going to sit around anymore and wait for you to like me back. It's driving me crazy." Calvin said. I was a little shocked by his response, but putting myself in his shoes, I completely understood him.

"I'll get out of your hair then." I said, getting up.

"Wait, look, I didn't mean to come off so rudely." Calvin said when I turned my back, but I didn't listen. I simply just kept walking. I had two options. Stay out, or go home. The second one seemed like a great idea, but then I realized that if I went home, Rob might come over to try to talk to me, so I decided to stay out and let Sarah deal with it for me when he came over. I knew she would. After all, she had made a sudden last minute change to side with him.