prelude

"i'll get it!" hoseok hyung said as he walked towards the door when he heard the doorbell ring. it's 8pm and the namjoon hyung and yoongi hyung are busy in their studio. seokjin hyung is cooking our dinner while taehyung and jimin are playing games.

"alright," i replied as i plugged my earphones on both of my ears and went directly to my room to have some quiet time with myself. this is what we do on free nights. it's usually our time to relieve our stress or bond together. but right now, it's still not the good time to rest for my hyungs since we're preparing for our comeback with the most beautiful moment in life pt. 1.

i stumbled upon tori kelly's paper hearts, and pressed play. "remember the way you made me feel," i sang in a very quiet voice. "such young love but something in me knew that it was real..."

singing those lyrics made me think of her. it felt like that moment i last saw her two days ago comes flashing back. i wanted to hug her. i wanted her to be in my arms again. 

"yah! kookie!" my singing moment was interrupted when hoseok hyung opened the door of my room and put a couple of boxes on my bed. "fan letters arrived. here are for you."

"thanks." i said. hoseok hyung went out after i said that while i laid back in my bed to think about what happened 2 days ago. "frozen in my head..." i continued singing.

i was about to close my eyes when a very familiar box suddenly caught my attention. it was together with the other fanmails that arrived just now.

i got up and grabbed the box and saw the note written on it.

"letting go is hard. but holding on is harder."

it was a very familiar handwritting. after all these years, her penmanship still hasn't changed. it's still very neat.

i opened the box to find tons of letters in them. but this one polaroid picture got my attention. it was a picture of us during her birthday—the day she officially became mine.

i stared at the picture for a couple of seconds. reminiscing all the good things that happened that day. i still remember the feeling i felt when she said yes. it's something i'll always remember. something i'll always treasure.

i opened the letter that has '1' written on it.

"dear jungkook," it says.

--

author's note: sequel of 'dear jungkook.' i suggest for you to read it first before proceeding into this one lol. and trailer is on the multimedia section!