xiv.

"매일 그대와 얘기하고파" 

dear hayoon,

lunch was my favorite part of the day. aside from the part that i get to spend more time with you without the teachers, i get to eat the foods you prepared for me. you knew how both of my parents were always busy with work, and wasn't able to prepare anything for me in the morning so you offered to do it instead. at first i was a bit hesitant, i wasn't used to someone taking care of me, but you kept on insisting it. you sincerely wanted to do it so i let you do so.

i appreciated how you wake up every morning extra early just to have something for me. i appreciated how you try your best to make them look cute and appealing to my eyes. i wasn't very good with words that's why i tried my best to show you how much i found your foods delicious, i hope i succeeded.

that day, i was waiting for you in the cafeteria while seating on our usual table. after a few minutes, you came.

with bambam.

for some unknown reason, my mood suddenly dropped. i wasn't used to someone joining us during our free time. i just sat quietly as i waited for you to hand me your lunch box where i usually eat. you took them out just after a few seconds you sat down. but to my surprise, you didn't hand them to me. you handed it to bambam.

i blinked, still frozen on my seat. "i'm sorry, jungkook. i decided to prepare some lunch for bambam today just to show my gratitude for giving the chocolates, and for being one of my new friends." you said.

"it's really fine, hayoon. you didn't have to do that. i can buy my own food, and jungkook can have this." bambam said. 

"are you sure?" you assured.

"yes," he answered.

"it's fine," i said, standing up. "i can buy food for myself." i started to walk towards the food section before you could answer me. i don't even know why i was feeling so annoyed that day. 

i was supposed to go back to the table after i finished buying my lunch, but i saw how you and bambam we're having fun talking together, and i didn't want to bother any of you or ruin the mood.

i just went outside and sat at the bleachers, eating my lunch alone.

love,

jungkook