vii.

"지금 우리 함께 있다면, 아 얼마나 좋을까요"

dear hayoon,

i saw you the next day at school, but I was too shy to approach you. everything started to seem awkward between us two. i couldn't even turn to your direction. it seemed like nothing happened yesterday. were you mad at me?

i sat under the same blossom tree as i started doodling my thoughts on my notebook. this notebook is something very important to me. something i treasure a lot. this has all of my thoughts and my secrets. this has been my bestfriend ever since.

"love is painful, goodbyes are even more painful," i started to write.

"woah, you write songs?" you said, popping out of nowhere. i was taken back by your sudden appearance, but the first thing I did was to close my notebook and keep it secure.

"mind your own business." i replied, ignoring your question. you sat beside me and stayed quiet for a couple of seconds, and then suddenly snatching the notebook from my hands and ran away.

i got up and tried to catch you, but you were already reading what was inside the notebook so what's the use? either way, i still ran as fast as i could to get my notebook back. 

you raised the notebook using your arm as soon as i got close to you. i was dying because of so much embarrassment that, ha yoon. i wasn't used to people reading my thoughts and my works. i didn't have any confidence. i was too shy to show them to anyone. and there you are, just suddenly reading everything you could.

"give it back to me!" i said, jumping as high as i could to reach the notebook. i remember how taller you were than me back then, which made it harder for me to get it back.

and then it happened.

i lose balance while trying to reach your hand, and you lost yours while trying to get away from me. the next thing i know is we were lying on top of each other, with only inches apart, eyes widened because of shock.

were you able to hear it, hayoon?

were you able to hear my heartbeat that time? it was beating so loud and so fast, it felt like my chest was about to explode.

love,

jungkook

---

AN: GUYS I'M CRYING. BTS AND IU'S NEW SONGS ARE SO RELATABLE TO THIS FANFIC. ESP SPRING DAY OMG. ALSO, IU HAS A SONG CALLED 'DEAR NAME' LIKE OMG????? WHILE THE LYRICS OF 'THROUGH THE NIGHT,' FITS THIS STORY IM JHFDKDJKKDLKK