Thirteen

“Felix, was it?”

        Mark sat across from the blonde haired man, sliding into the booth with his warm coffee between his hands. He and Felix had been friends since he practically started YouTube, but they liked to tease each other often when meeting.

        “That’s me!” The Swede laughed, playing along with Mark, “And you are?”

        “Mark. The name’s Mark.” a small smile graced his face as the two shook hands.

        Giving up on the theatrics, the two men stood and Mark wrapped his arms around Felix. “It’s good to see ya, buddy.”

        Felix returned the hug, “You too.”

        Mark stepped back and smiled at Felix’s girlfriend, Marzia. “And how are you?”

        “Good, Mark. You?” She answered, smiling and leaning against Felix’s shoulder.

        Mark shrugged, looking out the cafe window. “Not so well. I just… I’m trying to move on.”

        Marzia tilted her head at Felix, and he shrugged as well, “What do you mean, Mark?”

        “Oh… just… having a rough time getting over someone. Any tips?”

        Marzia bit her lip softly, “Um, maybe try to find someone better? Or remind yourself you don’t need them?”

        Mark nodded, “But what if I’m completely infatuated?”

        Felix spoke up, squeezing Marzia’s hand, “Quit all contact with them. Find something to occupy your days so you don’t spend that time thinking of them. Let yourself be upset over the loss of connection, but also allow yourself to heal. Then, use this experience to become better in the future, and not let it happen again.”

        Mark stood still, and Marzia looked at Felix in admiration. “Wow. You’re smart.” Marzia laughed out.

        Felix turned slightly red and shook his head, “Ah, it was nothing.”

        Mark shook his head, “Why don’t you two get married already?”

        “Shut up…” Felix growled.

        Mark chuckled, “Anyways, thanks, Fe. I’m not sure if I’m ready to give up on the kid yet, but I needed to know. Just in case.”

        Felix smiled, “Of course. You owe me big time!” He teased.

        Mark smirked, “Yeah right.”

        Marzia tugged on Felix’s sleeve, “We have to get back to feed the pugs.”

        “Okay.” He kissed her forehead and smiled at Mark. “We’ve gotta go, as you can see. Talk later?”

        “Sounds good. Bye!” Mark waved them goodbye, and sat in the empty booth, tipping back his head and finishing his cold cup of coffee.

        You’re running out of time, Jack. You’re running out of time.

  (A/n:

  I'm cold.)