Chapter 18

(RYAH)

I felt a gentle hand on my shoulder and I immediately opened my eyes. Ellie was crouching a few inches away from me with a finger on her lips. The fire was still glowing behind me and it filled the room with long shadows. I could see Anna sitting up on the bed. I knew something was wrong when I saw the sword in Peter's hand and Ellie's bow in her hand. Ellie motioned for me to go sit next to Anna. I walked over to Anna and the two of us sat on the floor. Jericho came in the room and he also had his sword drawn. Anna and I looked at each other and I knew that we were thinking the same thing.

Were we going to be captured again?

What would happen to Jericho, Ellie, and Peter? 

What would happen to us?

Light from the flames danced around the room. I could see Ellie crouching near the fire with her bow drawn. It was aimed directly at the door. Jericho stood next to the door frame ready to cut down anyone who entered. Peter was next to the bed just a few feet away from Anna and I. Anna reached down and took my hand. The hallway was filled with light from a torch. There was the sound of footsteps as someone approached. A figure walked around the corner with the torch held high. 

"Down!" Ellie said and Peter and Jericho's weapons dropped immediately. Ellie rushed forward and threw her arms around the figure. 

"Ellie?" Asked a deep voice as his arms wrapped around her to hold her against him. 

"What are you doing here?" Ellie asked looking up at the man that I didn't recognize. 

"What are you doing here?" The man asked. 

I looked over at Anna and she was looking at Ellie with the same confusion that I was feeling. 

"You could have got yourself shot," Peter said. 

"You couldn't shoot me if you tried," The man replied. 

Peter notched an arrow and lifted his bow with a smirk on his face.

"Peter," Ellie warned but I could tell from the smile on her face that she knew that Peter didn't mean it. Peter lowered his bow and returned the arrow to the quiver on his back. 

"What are you doing here Ben?" 

I looked over at our mysterious intruder. He had his arm wrapped around Ellie and she had her arms around his waist. 

"I saw the light from your fire and I came to kick out whoever was inside the castle. I noticed your horses down below. What about you?" 

I slowly stood up pulling Anna with me.

Ellie saw us and gave us a smile as Peter walked over to the fire place to poke at the flames and add a few logs to the fire. More light slowly filled the room. 

"We found them at the edge of the forest and we needed a place to stay for the night."

"Of all places, this is where you decided to stay?" Ben said his voice slightly rising with every word. "You shouldn't even be traveling..." He started to say but Ellie cut him off by putting her lips against his. When they broke apart he looked at her. "This isn't over," he replied to her smile. 

"Are you pregnant again?" Peter asked looking at Ellie with his mouth hanging open slightly. She smiled at him. 

"Maybe," She replied. 

"Congratulations!" Peter said and rushed over to wrap the couple in a large hug. "If it is a girl will you please consider Peterina as an appropriate name? Or Petera? I could come up with something else if you would prefer."