Chapter 19: Even More Complications

~*~Emma's POV~*~

I wake up to my alarm very sleepily. I hate school. I never want to go to school. I don't wanna face Stupid Carole. I don't wanna talk to Stupid Kim. I just wanna curl up in bed all day and sleep. Perhaps, I can dream about how everything will work out and how Eddie and I will end up   together forever! Jeesh, I sound like one of those desperate girls. *puts on a high pitched mocking voice* My boyfriend and I are gonna be together forever!

Yeah...right.

I drag myself out of bed towards the kitchen. Once I get there, I spot Mom eating oatmeal. "Hey Mom," I say then yawn.

"Aren't you up early?" She asks with a laugh.

"What do you mean?" I ask, confused.

"It's Saturday, and you're up at 6:30AM. That's an accomplishment for you, my dear," Mom says, highly amused.

"Wait...it's Saturday?" I ask, joy building up in me.

"Yup. Go catch those extra Zs honey," My mom advices with a laugh, "I gotta go to work." She stands up, puts her bowl in the sink and kisses me on my forehead. She leaves the kitchen.

Unfortunately for me, all this joy made me more awake, and I don't feel like catching some sleep at all. I go into the living room and collapse on the couch. I take the TV's remote control and flip through the channels, searching for something to watch. I end up on Disney Channel somehow. I know, I'm a total kid! But there's this movie about wizards and non-wizards and some stone. Oh, Selena Gomez stars in it. I take a picture of her face from the TV on Snapchat and send it to Chloe and Sarah.

As I'm watching the movie, I scroll through my Instagram feed. Well, not mine, Kim's. I don't have an Instagram account. She, apparently, has taken the freedom to install Instagram on my phone and log into her account. Fortunately, she forgot to log out, so I'm snooping around a bit. Hey, don't judge me! She was going through my personal stuff too! I'm sure she went through my phone too! Not logging off from her Instagram account is like asking for me to snoop. And I definitely am. 

She surprisingly follows A LOT of Shawn Mendes fan accounts, and his personal account of course. And most of her friends are tagging her in memes of Shawn Mendes (and other stuff too, but mainly him) and saying stuff like 'MY BABY' or 'HE'LL BE MINE SOMEDAY'.

I decide to go through her DMs. Wow, she speaks to A LOT of people. She even sent Shawn a bunch of DMs! Not answered or seen, of course. I decide to enter a conversation she had between her and the friend that called her the other night (when we were watching Suicide Squad). Hey, she talked to her yesterday, and before that. I decide to read from February 3 — before yesterday.

I am utterly shocked by the conversation...

@kim.somey: Hey babe

@jamie.singson: Hiii bb, what's up? How's the plan going?

What plan?

@kim.somey: So far so good. emma doesn't suspect a thing!

@jamie.singson: don't u think that what u r doing is a bit...evil?

"A bit evil"? Yeah...'a bit'. *eye roll*

@kim.somey: Um...not my fault if she stole shawn from me! we're meant to be!

I THOUGHT KIM WASN'T A FAN OF SHAWN!

@jamie.singson: Sure. Anyway, everything here is pretty normal. I mean, full of drama but the usual.

Jamie went on and on about the drama at her school. I scrolled through past those and came to a conversation at 11:37AM, yesterday.

@kim.somey: Okay, so I gotta fill u in on yesterday!!