Chapter 24: Fight

~*~Shawn's POV~*~

I want revenge. I want revenge. I want revenge.

I want revenge for hurting Emma. Sweet, beautiful Emma. My Emma.

I love her. I love her so much. I love her so freaking much.

I wanna hold her. I wanna kiss her slow. Oh, I bet she is a great kisser. An amazing one, I may add. I wanna tell her how beautiful she is, and I want her to feel it. I want her to love me.

It's Tuesday. She didn't show up at school — again. I'm extremely worried about her. Kim didn't show up either. I asked Chloe to call them, but neither answered. I can't begin to imagine how Emma must feel.

~*~Emma's POV~*~

"Mom!" I sob, "He was cheating on me. He was using me! It was all a stupid plan!" Mom hugs me tighter to her chest. I feel like a little child.

I've been devastated since yesterday. I'm so sad. I just...this is just so...depressing.

I loved him.

He hated me.

I'm not okay.

"Baby," My mom says in a soothing voice and gently rubs my back, "It's okay."

"But I'm not!" I exclaim and sob even more.

Mom and I are in the living room. I'm curled up in a ball on the couch while she's hugging me and rocking me and being...an amazing mom. Kim is preparing something for me in the kitchen.

It's amazing that mom accepted that I skip school for today, and Kim even stayed. I love them both so much. It really means a lot to me that they're here for me.

"You're gonna be okay. I promise," Mom reassures me. I wanna believe her. I really, really, really do. It's just...I dunno anything anymore. I loved him so much since...forever. I never knew he was this evil. I feel betrayed. I am betrayed.

"I'm never gonna be able to trust anyone anymore," I mutter.

She stops rubbing my back and pulls away from me. I look up at her and she sighs. "Honey, don't say that. Breakups are honestly the worst. Especially that he cheated on you."

"We didn't break up," I say, wiping my tears with my sleeve.

"What do you mean?" I hear Kim behind me say. I look behind me and see her with a tray, on it three mugs. "I brought tea, by the way. Thought it would help."

I smile, grateful. "Thanks."

"What do you mean he doesn't know?" Mom asks, frowning.

"Well..." I begin. Kim places the tray on the coffee table. "Yesterday when I ran off, I didn't give any kind of explanation."

"Oh, hasn't he contacted you?" Mom asks.

"Um..." I shift, uncomfortable. "I kinda maybe took his phone?"

"You stole his phone," Mom says in a surprisingly calm voice.

"Yes..."

"OMG! HE DESERVES IT!" Kim laughs making me laugh.

"No, he doesn't," Mom says with a stern voice. Uh-oh, lecture coming up. "Honey, I know he hurt you. But that isn't a reason to steal his phone. Stealing is wrong, and you're gonna give it back. Don't become the bad person by stealing his phone. The best revenge is to look happy, and to do nothing." That was the revenge we were planning on Carole.

The revenge Eddie planned on Carole and we just went along. That's why he said it. He didn't want us to do anything to Carole. Wow.

"Your mom is right, Emma. You should give it back," Kim advises.