Chapter 1

HAPPY DAMN BIRTHDAY YOU SEXY MOFO HARRY STYLES! I refuse to believe you're 20, but I'm so proud of you babe :') Whale, here's the first chapter of my new book :D Be sure to tell me what you think & I'm not sure how often I'll update ;) Enjoy<3

*VOTE. COMMENT. SHARE.* ;)

---------------------------------------------- 

Chapter 1

            Here is a girl fearing for her life. Squished in the backseat of a cab between two bulky security guards to keep her from freaking. She's nervous. She's twiddling with her thumbs and scraping her nails down her denim covered thighs. She's shaking like a wet dog, her golden brown eyes flickering over every movement of a person, a tree, or even the slightest sway of a grass blade. A new life is starting for this girl today. A life where she enters her old one involuntarily. After all, her family are the ones who sent her into the horrendous place. Why would they want her back?

            The cab made a sharp turn, causing Chloe's fingernails to dig further into her sides. She bit her lower lip, hard, to keep from screaming at the sudden jerk. Her heartbeat picked up pacing, gradually trying to slow itself as the cab began to drive swiftly once more.

            A sudden sting flashed through Chloe's hands. "Stop scratching yourself, you freak," a guard murmured, rolling his hazel eyes at the fretful girl.

            Chloe didn't respond, nor did she give him the slightest of acknowledgements. Instead, her hands found her legs again as her nails found her covered skin. The jeans weren't doing much, just keeping her from drawing blood. Still, the guard simply scoffed and let her carry on with her doing.

            The cab came to a halt in front of a large house, painted a faded white. The front door was ancient wood, looking as if it may fall off the hinges with the slightest knock. The shutters on the windows were hanging by a single nail, appearing as though the wind could take them at any moment. The house needed serious cleaning up, and Chloe knew her OCD would get the best of her as soon as she stepped into the door. She wouldn't be able to help herself. Germs are just disgusting through her eyes.

            Houses looking like they may collapse any moment are not much better.

            The bulk guards swung their doors open, one of them getting a firm grip on Chloe's upper arm to yank her out the cab. Her heart picked up pace again as it pounded erratically against her rib cage. The guard kept a tight grip on her as the other grabbed her three suitcases out of the trunk. With one guard carrying her luggage and the other guard dragging her, they stumbled down the sidewalk and towards the front door. The one holding Chloe's arm gave it a firm knock.

            "Dammit! Who the fuck is knocking on the damn door?"

            Chloe jumped at the loud male voice rumbling from the other side. A female voice, much softer, tried to soothe him. "I'll get it, Dad. Just... calm down."

            Recognizing both voices, Chloe's eyes widened in fear. She spun on her heel and tried to run, but both the guards had a grip on either of her arms now. She kicked in their grasp, feeling tears whelming in her eyes as she desperately tried to escape. She couldn't go back into that house. Not into the house that held all her childhood horrors and nightmares.

            Don't run.

            The voice in Chloe's head made her legs limp as her fear grew. The voices were back, which meant Chloe wasn't going to get her way.