Chapter 5

O.M.GOSH. Does anyone here like 5SOS? She Looks So Perfect is my jam, omg xD Sorry this chapter is a little shorter than the other, but enjoy<3

*VOTE. COMMENT. SHARE.* ;)

---------------------------------------------- 

Chapter 5 – Harry's P.O.V.

            Elizabeth stood in the doorway expectantly, much like yesterday when she walked in on my pancake incident. I noticed right away the way Chloe tensed beside me, her skin paling as she stared at her sister. There has to be a reason why Chloe always looks petrified to be around Elizabeth. I mean, it's her sister...

            "Hope you two had fun last night," Elizabeth sneered, giving us both an uptight smile. "Looks like I walked in on yet another moment of yours."

            I rolled my eyes, but didn't say anything. I knew if I said something, she'd twist my words and turn it into a dramatic argument. That's just how Elizabeth does things. Arguments are a way to give her power, and since I always let her win to shut her up, she loves having arguments with me.

            "Well, I'll be letting you two get back to whatever you were doing, but I just wanted to let you know, Harry... Finn is cutting our pay in half, due to budget cuts." Elizabeth flashed me a devious smirk, knowing that information about budget cuts would piss me off.

            My jaw clenched. "I'll have to talk to him tomorrow," I grumbled under my breath, my hand tightening on the edge of the bowl.

            Elizabeth nodded. "You will. And I hope you don't mind, but Chloe will be coming home with me tonight."

            The taunting way Elizabeth said it made Chloe tense all over again. I noticed how tight her hands were wrapped around the spoon she was stirring with. I glanced over at Elizabeth, only to see she was flashing Chloe devil eyes and a haunting sneer. I pursed my lips, curiosity sparking through me, but I managed to give Elizabeth a nod.

            Without another word, Elizabeth—my so called "girlfriend"—was out the front door. Silence filled the kitchen as Chloe did nothing but breathe heavily and squeeze the spoon handle.

            "Are you all right?" I asked quietly, hoping to get the slightest head nod or something from her. I've realized she doesn't like to talk too much.

            Chloe hesitated, then shakily nodded her head at me.

            I gave her a faint smile, nodding in return. She gave me the spoon, but right when I was about to ask her if she wanted to help me still, she shook her head. I frowned as she slid into a barstool, her skin still pale as she twiddled nervously with her thumbs. Something is clearly wrong with her. Fear was evident in her brown eyes.

            "Are you afraid?" I questioned, my voice still low as if speaking too loud would frighten her. I had to be careful. I wanted this girl to trust me.

            Chloe didn't answer.

            "It's okay to be afraid, Chloe," I told her, even though I wasn't sure what she was scared of. "Are you afraid?"

            Chloe bit her lower lip furiously, then slowly nodded her head.

            I frowned. "What are you afraid of?"

            Chloe didn't answer for a long moment, but right when I was about to ask again, to assure her she can trust me, she choked out, "Her."