Chapter 13

So, this chapter is about some of Harry's past. There's more to it, but this is just some to satisfy that curiosity of you guys' ;P Enjoy<3

(Song for this chapter - Mad World by Gary Jules)

*VOTE. COMMENT. SHARE.* ;)

--------------------------------------------- 

Chapter 13 – Chloe’s P.O.V.

            I wasn’t sure what to say as I stared at Harry, watching intently as his large hands raked through his hair. What was I supposed to say in a moment like this? What do normal people say? I wouldn’t know, considering I’ve never been put in a situation like this. Was this a breakup? Or was it just something where Harry stood up for himself and Elizabeth would be back tomorrow? As selfish as it sounded, I was hoping for the first option. Harry could do better than Elizabeth, and I wanted him to see that.

            I feel like I should tell him that it’ll all be okay, that she’ll be back tomorrow and they can sort out their difference. But I don’t want to tell him that. Telling him that would be a lie because there’s no possible way that Elizabeth is willing to “sort out differences.” That’s not how Elizabeth works. You do what she says, simple as that. You don’t have a right to give in your opinion, in her book. You aren’t entitled to such a thing. Her mind runs on complete selfishness.

            Harry let out a sigh before he sat back down on the couch, keeping a fair distance between us. As much as this weird part of me wanted to go snuggle up in his side, I kept to myself like I always do. I bundled in the blanket, but kept my concerned eyes locked on his face. With my lack of knowledge in these kinds of situations, the room almost felt awkward with Elizabeth’s abrupt departure.

            “So, erm… the next movie, yeah?” Harry spoke gruffly, his voice deeper than usual as he turned to look at me. Even though he was smiling, I could tell it was all just an act to hide his emotions inside. I thought I was the only one capable of a fake smile, but I guess I thought wrong.

            “Are you… are you okay?” I finally managed to ask, even though I was pretty sure I knew the answer; no.

            Harry licked his lips before pursing them together, grabbing the remote from the coffee table. “I suppose it’s just another rocky path, right?” Listening to his forced chuckle at the end made my heart clench for him.

            Clearing my throat, I reminisced what I had hear my therapist say to me countless times, but I always refused. “Do you… do you want to talk about it?”

            As if my offer shocked him, Harry’s head snapped in my direction, his eyebrows etched together in confusion. “Really?” he asked quietly, as if he were surprised that the “insane” girl wanted to help someone.

            I managed to shrug as I tore my eyes away from him. “I mean… if you want to. I guess… I’m here… you know… if you ever want to talk about something.”

            I sounded like a complete idiot sputtering out these words, but a small smile graced Harry’s lips. “Really?” he asked again, still in disbelief.

            I forced a smile to keep from my nerves racking inside. Nodding, I said, “Yeah, I guess. You help me, so it’s only fair if I help you. Or… try.”

            Harry grinned, his smile being contagious as my own crept onto my lips. “Thanks, Chloe. That actually… well, that means a lot.”