Chapter 6

HOLY BEEJESUZ YOU GUYS. This is actually a decently long chapter :D I'm so proud of myself, but you will find out why Harry is so nice to Chloe soon! *hint hint wink wink* ;P Enjoy<3

*VOTE. COMMENT. SHARE.* ;)

--------------------------------------------- 

Chapter 6 – Chloe's P.O.V.

            Whispering swirled around my head as I clamped my hands over my ears, refusing to listen to the words they were shushing to me. They only come around when I'm alone, and right now... I'm all by myself.

            After miraculously spending the entire day with Harry, he was taking a shower. I don't know why that boy seems to make these voices disappear, but when he's around all I see is his dimpled smile and emerald eyes. I don't hear the taunting whispers or feel the uneasy feeling in my stomach. All of those things subside and somehow he just lights my world. I met him yesterday, yet he's been kinder to me than anyone in the rehab institution. He's been kinder than my own sister, for Christ's sake.

            I don't know why Elizabeth hates me. I don't know why father hates me. All I know is that my mother cared deeply for me. They both tell me countless times that she died giving birth, but then why do I see a fragile woman in my dreams occasionally? Why do I picture soft, sun-kissed skin and dark brown hair cascading down a pair of small shoulders? Why do I continuously feel gentle lips press against my forehead as she calms me, assuring me everything will be just fine? Do I picture these things? Are they a figment of my imagination? A wanting of a mother? Or are my own sister and father hiding something from me about the nurturing woman who birthed me?

            My screwed up mind wanders back to the curly haired boy. Does he have a mother? Where is she? Does he have siblings that look at him as if he where the Devil himself? Does he get the same kind of oblivious treatment I do? Or does he have a family to envy? A kind, gentle, and loving family that treasures him like the world? I pray he has the dream family, just because he deserves that kind of respect.

            He's given me so much in so little time.

            A hand is placed on my shoulder, making me jump ten feet in the air as a squeal escaped my lips. I'm more than relieved to see it was only Harry as he gives me a warm smile, his green eyes glittering with kindness.

            "I didn't mean to scare you, love," he said softly as my hands slowly lower from my ears and clasp in my lap. "Are you okay?"

            Once again, his concern makes my heart melt into a giant puddle. Never has anyone ever cared about me so much as to ask if I were "okay."

            I managed a small nod.

            Harry smiled. "Good, so are you ready to go get some clothes for tomorrow since you're staying again?"

            My face dropped to the floor as my eyes widened, staring at him in disbelief. We were going to that house?

            Harry noticed my sudden mood change. He always seems to know when something is wrong, and I've hardly known him two days. "Aren't you staying again, love?" he asked quietly.

            I nodded.

            "Then what's the matter?"

            I pursed my lips, trying to find my voice as the figments in my mind shoved it down my throat. They didn't like hearing me talk. They said it was a shame for me to even have such an obnoxious sound produced from my vocals.