Two Birds

I was sat on the couch in the X-Factor House messing about with Harry. He would throw popcorn up in the air, and I was trying to catch it in my mouth as we completely disregarded the film we played. All the other contestants were either out at the shops, stocking up on snacks and things or upstairs rehearsing, so Harry and I were left alone.

"You are rubbish at this, Lou," Harry commented with a chuckle as I missed the fifth consecutive piece of popcorn.

"Well, I can't be good at everything, can I?" I spoke before tossing a piece right at Harry's face. He laughed then set the bowl aside.

"The girls will tell us off if we trash the downstairs again,"

I shrugged, "Getting told off by girls is the story of my life."

Harry chortled, then laid his head on my shoulder as we averted our attention back to the television screen. We continued to watch Love Actually for a bit until I got extremely bored. I wandered my eyes around the room, until they fell upon the curly lad sat next to me.

I began twirling his dark brown ringlets with my fingers, then played with his dimpled cheeks, attempting to provoke a reaction from him. He wasn't paying attention to me and that made me a bit upset.

"What are you doing?" He said with a laugh as I began sliding my fingers into his mouth. His tongue rubbed against my middle finger, making it tickle a bit. I swiftly recoiled and chuckled a little.

"Your tongue feels weird on my finger,"

"I'll bet my tongue wouldn't feel as weird if it was rubbing against your tongue," Harry tried to comment under his breath, but I still heard it, and was slightly surprised by it.

I cocked an eyebrow at him, "What are you suggesting, Hazza?"

His slightly tanned cheeks immediately turned rosy and his emerald eyes enlarged, "What? I didn't say anything,"

"Don't even play ignorant with me, you know I heard that awful attempt of a side comment." I told him, rolling my eyes.

Harry didn't offer a reply, he just stared down at his lap and pursed his lips together. I frowned slightly, then cupped his face and angled it towards me, "Hey, it's alright, Hazz,"

Harry swallowed, then flicked his eyes up so they were staring deeply into mine. I felt my heart flutter, "I wasn't kidding..."

"So... You want to kiss me?" I inquired for confirmation.

Blushing like mad at this point, Harry nodded his head. I smirked slightly, "Well, why didn't you just say so?"

"What?"

I chortled a bit at him, then leaned in a kissed his soft, heart-shaped lips. As soon as our lips met, it was as if I shocked myself on an electrical socket while sitting in an electric chair. A crazy amount of emotions coursed through my body as mine and Harry's lips moved in perfect sync.

Once we withdrew from each other, we gazed into one another's eyes, much like in the romantic film displayed on the screen just before us. Harry was the first to speak up, "I love you,"

I smiled happily, "I love you, too,"

Harry's face brightened a little bit with this, "Really?"

"Well, obviously, I just bloody kissed you," I retorted matter-of-factly.

Harry puffed out a chuckle before that smirk rested on his lips. "I mean, I am pretty irresistible,"

"Is that right?"

Harry nodded in response. I draped an arm around his neck and grinned at him, as he was smiling at me.

"So... We like each other... What does that mean?"

"That we have a mutual interest in each other?"

"Well, obviously," Harry muttered. "But, does that mean... That we're... You know,"

"Boyfriends?" I finished.

Harry nodded. I shrugged, "I mean, if you want to then, sure, why not?"

A large smile played across Harry's lips, "Seriosuly?"

"Only if you ask the formal questioned,"

"Alright," Harry agreed, clearing his throat. He took my hand and held it in his, then stared me in the eyes dramatically, "Oh, Louis. Would you do me, not only the privilege, but the honor, of allowing me to call myself your boyfriend?"  

I snorted, "Of course, you weirdo,"

Harry laughed a bit, "Good,"

My heart thumped a bit harder when our lips connected a second time.

_

"Lou? Boobear? Louis... Lou?"

"Yeah, Love?" Louis replied sleepily.

"Are you awake?" I inquired, which was a stupid question because obviously he was or he wouldn't have responded..

"Am now, Sherlock," He teased. "What's the matter?"

I shut my eyes again as my head rested on my boyfriend's chest, "Why won't they let us be together?"

"Aww, Haz, we are together," Louis assured as he stroked my curls lightly.

"I mean publicly,"

He sighed, "Because, the people in charge of what information is released to the public think it would be bad publicity if everyone found out that two out of five remembers of One Direction are gay. They feel like we'd loose appeal,"

I frowned, "That's stupid."

"I know, Babe. At least we're together,"

I grinned, "Yeah, at least we are. I just wish I could show the world that I love you,"

"Same for me. But one day, I promise we'll be free,"

"Like two birds?"

"Like two birds, Babe. Like two birds,"

I smiled. "I love you, Boobear."

"I love you too, Hazza. Now get some rest," Louis ordered, hand still roaming through my mess of curls.

"Wait, Lou?"

"Yes, Harry?"

"Do you reckon cats could walk on the moon?"

"Harry, this is your one and only chance to be quiet."

"Alright, sorry. Goodnight," I whispered, shutting my eyes.

"Goodnight," he droned on in response in a tired tone.

"I love you," I continued, just to annoy him.

"I love you, too,"

"I love you more,"

"Shut up."

I chortled lightly before I silenced myself and drifted off into a peaceful slumber with my beautiful boyfriend all cuddled up with me.

_

"I can't believe they let us move in together!" Harry exclaimed excitedly.

"Yeah," I managed to exhale as I struggled with a heavy box. "Help me out, would you?"

"Oh, yeah," Harry relived my weak arms from the crippling weight of the box then set it down on the ground. He looked back up at me with a smile, "This is the best day ever,"

"Well, before you get too excited, there's something I need to tell you..." I was nervous to tell him about Eleanor, but I suppose now is a good of a time as any.

"Yeah?" Harry encouraged me to continued, plopping down on the couch.

"I had a little chat with our managers, and they agreed to let us live together under one condition,"

"Which is?" Harry pressed on.

I swallowed, "Her name is Eleanor."

Harry was quiet for a moment, then spoke in confusion, "What?"

I sighed, "They're making me have a beard so I look less gay, plain-speaking."

My heart cracked a little when I saw the hurt expression in Harry's beautiful eyes. I frowned, then slumped down next to him on the sofa. "Hey, look at me,"

He complied with my demands and met my eyes with his teary ones. I placed a hand on his cheek and rubbed his skin softly with my thumb while I gazed into his eyes and spoke, "Eleanor doesn't mean a thing to me, alright? She's fake. You're real. You're the one I love. Never, ever forget that. We have to be brave. Understood?"

Harry sniffled, then nodded his head. "Alright,"

I grinned at him half-heartedly. "Good. Now, you pick out a film and I go make us some tea so we can cuddle? Sound good?"

Harry's beautiful smile returned, warming my heart, "Sounds perfect,"

"Good," I pressed a quick kiss to Harry's lips then hopped up and went into the kitchen.

_

"I don't care, as long as we have a boy," Louis spoke as I scrolled through Google on my laptop, searching for unique baby names.

"Well, do you still want a girl?" I inquired, hopeful that the answer was yes. I had always dreamt of having a little girl.

Louis shrugged, "I guess, sure."

"I can't quite find any names that stand out," I said, continuing my intese search.

"I've got one; Louisa."

I blinked a few times, then glanced over at him, "Are you serious?"

"Of course I'm not serious. But I don't think we should name our child based off a Google search," Louis said.

"I'm just using it for inspiration," I defended. "Ooh! What if we named our son Larry?"

"No,"

"Like Larry Stylinson! That's us,"

"Yes, Haz, I know who it is, I just think that is probably the corniest thing that you've ever suggested." Louis shot back.

"To be fair, I'm reasonably sure I've said cornier things in the past. But I still think Larry would be cute!" I exclaimed.

Louis shook his head, "Put 'Larry' on the back burner. That'll be a last resort."

I shrugged, "As long as I get to have kids with you, I don't care what they're called."

"Awe, Haz," Louis cooed, pinching my cheek.

I chuckled, "I love you, Boobear,"

"Love you, Cutie," Louis spoke before kissing me softly.

_

"You know, you can't keep Harry and I apart forever," I sighed angrily to these knobs who were attempting to separate me from my boyfriend again.

The manager guy called Jeff just shrugged, "Well, we can and will keep you apart for now. It's for the best of the group, Tomlinson."

I rolled my eyes, "More like the best for your pay-check,"

"Just have Harry move out as soon a possible," Jeff instructed me.

"Why won't you find yourself a boyfriend, Jeff? Then I take him away from you and make you date someone who you don't even like. Then you can suck my dick because I hate you, I hate your mother, I hate your daddy, and I hate the doctor that helped deliver you on the terrible day that you were born into this world,"

Jeff seemed unfazed by my mini-rant, "You have until tomorrow to get him out. Goodbye, Mr. Tomlinson,"

"He's not leaving my flat,"

"Yes he is, or you're fired." Jeff threatened.

I clenched my jaw and shook my head, "I hope you sleep comfortably at night of you £40,00 bed of yours knowing that you're slowly destroying mine and Harry's lives,"

With that I stood up, making sure the chair clattered to the ground with a bang then stalked out of Jeff's office, angry at his mere existence.

_

"But why?" I almost whinnied as my heart throbbed in sorrow.

"We've been through this, Mr. Styles. We will have a profit decrease if more and more people continue to suspect there's something going on between you and him." Jeff explained impatiently.

"There is something going on between me and him,"

"Yes, there is, but it's not going to be public, alright? That's the end of it. You are to move out of that flat by tomorrow, and no later than that,"

I was on the verge of tears, but I held them back with all my willpower, not wanting to give him the satisfaction of reducing me to tears. "Does the fact that I love Louis with all my heart mean nothing to you?"

"No, not really," Jeff shrugged. "Your career is more important than this stupid crush you've got on him."

"It's not a crush," I retorted defensively. "I love Lou, and he loves me. It's more than a crush when you look into their eyes and you feel your heart slowly melt. It's more than a crush when everything that you're not, he is and he competes you. It's more than a crush when you get butterflies at the mere mention of his name. It's more than a crush when you kiss him, and feel all your worries and struggles go away as easy as they came. It's more than a crush."

Jeff gazed at me for a moment, then decided that he still wouldn't change his position on the matter, "You have until tomorrow."

I exhaled deeply, then stood up. I tried to think of something smart to say, like Louis did. All I could come up with was, "You're a jerk," before I trudge out of the office.

_

"What is this?!" I exclaimed in anger as I threw down the magazine with a picture of Harry kissing her plastered on the cover.

Harry, slightly stunned by my grief, glanced at the magazine, "Lou, that's a tabloid, Babe. It's not real. They're just doing this to draw publicity to us; it's a stunt."

"Okay, but why does it have to be a thirty-freaking-two year-old skank?" I huffed, crossing my arms over my chest.

Harry ran his hands through his messy curls, "I don't know to tell you, Boo. I don't like this anymore than you do."

I pouted a lip, then slumped down into his lap. He grew in size substantially in the past year or so, and now I was the one in his lap. "You're mine; I don't want anyone else to have you. Real or not,"

"I know, Louis. Remember when you told me that we need to be brave?" Harry spoke as he snaked his arms round my waist.

I nodded sorrowfully, "I just feel like we shouldn't have to be brave. It's not right that I don't get to be with my boyfriend and with a girl who I hardly even like at all. It's unjust,"

"I know it is. But one day, we'll be free. Like two birds."

I sniffled, as a grin replaced the grimace on my lips. "Like two birds, Babe. Like two birds."

_

"Harry!" Louis exclaimed excitedly as he ran into my arms.

A smile found it's way across my lips as I held him tightly and took in the familiar scent of my boyfriend that I hadn't seen in over a week. "Lou,"

"Oh, I missed you so much, Harry," he spoke before attaching his lips to mine. We kissed momentarily. I set him down when we separated, still smiling down at him, "Gosh, I missed those lips."

Louis smiled at me. I lead him into the living room of my relatively new house and sat down with him on the sofa. Lou and I were like magnets; we had a strong force pulling us together. If we were within close proximity of one another, we immediately found ourselves pressed up against each other.

"Lou, I want to talk," I said to him as he stroked the backside of my hand with his thumb soothingly.

"About?"

"Us. Do you think it wise just to split off?"

Louis completely ceased his actions and shot me an incredulous glare, "What did management say to you?"

"Nothing! Nothing, I just.. We rarely see each other, and I don't know how much more of all this Elounor bull-crap I can take," I explained.

"Haz," Louis sighed, "You know I don't love Eleanor! You know that I love you, and only you forever. Forever, Haz, that means always. Please don't split off with me. The fact that you're still mine is the only thing securing my sanity. I need you,"

I felt tears begin to emit from my eyes, "I need you, too. So much that it hurts when you're not there to kiss me goodnight. And- and when I can't give you your morning tea. When you don't yell at me for saying stupid things, or when you sing in the showering and when we cuddle. It's just awful, Lou, I can't do this anymore,"

"Haz, please, calm down," Louis whispered, wiping the tears from my face, "It's going to be alright, okay? Remember what we said? Bravery?"

"It's hard to be brave when the only thing that makes me strong is taken away from me!" I cried out, sobs continuing to escape my lips.

"I know, it's hard, Babe. Believe me, I know. But we have to be brave. We can get through this, alright?"

I felt myself calm down a bit with his touch. I nodded, "Alright,"

"Thank you. It will be okay, I promise you, Harry."

_

"Hazza, I'm here! I've missed you so much-"

I entered Harry's kitchen to find him in a puddle of tears on the ground. His mobile phone was next to him, and his limbs were wrapped around himself and he sobbed uncontrollably.

"Haz, are you alright?" I knelt down next to him, my hands on his lower back. "Talk to me, Baby,"

"Th-They all hate me," he spoke in a trembling voice, not picking his head up.

I knit my eyebrows together, "Who hates you, Love?"

Harry pointed a shaky finger at his mobile phone, "I'm a promiscuous, heartless man-whore who cares for nothing but sexual pleasure,"

I sighed. He'd been going through hate again, "Harry, you know that isn't true, Babe. You know the truth, I know the truth, who cares what some low-life asshat who hides behind a computer says?"

Harry sniffled, "But I don't even like women, Louis. They say I've had sex with 100 different women! 100! I've never had sex with one women!"

"Harry, like I said, people who are too insecure about themselves to do anything productive in society act big behind the internet; but they're bullies, Hazz, and if you let them get to you, then they're not going to leave you alone. Do you understand me? Ignore them,"

"B-But, they say they want me t-to cut-cut myself.. And that, and that I deserve to die and burn in hell. One sa-said they'd pay a million pounds to watch me-me kill myself," Harry cried out. I opened my arms for him to fall into, and he completely broke all over again.

"Shh, it's okay, Baby. You're alright," I whispered softly in his ear and I combed my fingers through his tangled curls.

He continued to cry for a full thirty minutes, and I think he ran out of liquid in his body at that point. He gazed up a me with red, puffy eyes. "Why do they hate me?"

"Because they're jealous of you," I stated, tracing his jawline with my fingertip. "You're extremely special, Hazz. Dare I say, ExtraordiHarry,"

Harry chuckled softly and continued staring up at me with a puppy-like expression.

"You're wonderful and perfect and you've got a really hot jawline, wow. Oh, and you're nice and kind and pretty and lovely and gentle and rude people see that and they're jealous because they're crushed by their insecurities, so they try to rip apart the good in anyone. Don't let those downers who don't even care about you get to you. Talk to me, and I'll tell you how absolutely amazing you are."

Harry smiled then pressed a kiss to my lips, "Thank you, Louis."

"Anything for you, my love," I spoke, kissing his forehead.

_

"Really? Taylor Swift?" Louis sighed in annoyance.

I shrugged, "I guess so,"

"She's going to write a bloody song about you," Louis complained, pacing around the flat we used to share.

"Probably,"

Louis ceased his synchronized foot-steps and gazed at me, "Does this not bother you?"

"Of course it does; I don't want to act as if I like that blonde psychopath, but what other choice do I have?"

"This is just ridiculous. This is management crossing the line,"

"Well, you kiss Eleanor in public all the time," I groaned.

"Babe, that is stage-kissing. I've never genuinely kissed Eleanor."

"I have to kiss Taylor on New Year's, then I get to split off with her." I told him.

He made that face that he makes whenever he's annoyed or angry about something, "I want to punch something."

I gestured towards the wall, "It's very therapeutic; tried it many times myself."

Louis took my advice and approached the wall. All at once, he lifted his fist and slammed it hardly against the surface. "HOLY FU-" and out came a stand of extremely creative and nasty obscenities.

I stood up and ambled over to him, taking his newly bruised hand and pressing soft kisses to his knuckles. I noticed as his body became gradually less tense. His blue eyes rested on me with a look of desperation, "I can't do this anymore, Harry."

"What do you mean?" I furrowed my eyebrows at him.

"This; this whole thing. We aren't even in a relationship. You're silenced and I'm controlled, this isn't healthy. It's not working."

I nearly chocked on my next sentence, "Are you breaking up with me?"

Louis gave me a small, sorrowful nod. "I'm sorry, Haz,"

"No, Louis please, I need you, don't do this,"

"I can't take it anymore, Harry! I'm sorry. I love you, but I can't. I can't be in this half relationship with you anymore."