Best Friends

"Why do boys have nipples?" Harry inquired as we watched Sherlock.

I stared at him with a perplexed expression, "What kind of question is that?"

Harry shrugged, "They're just there and they have absolutely no function; they're useless nubs."

I shook my head in disbelief, "The real question is how dense can you get,"

"I'm not dense! It's a legitimate inquiry,"

"Oi, Mum, why do lads have nipples?" I regarded my mother as she ambled through the family room with a basket full of laundry.

"Basically because everyone started out female in the womb," she answered, straining to keep all the articles of clothing in the basket.

Harry noticed her struggled and got up. "Allow me to help, Jay," he lifted the basket from her arms.

She sighed in relief, "Thank you, Haz,"

I grinned as I watched him follow my mom into the laundry room. When they walked back in, my mom recited her usual line, "Why can't you be more like Harry, Lou?"

"You should put that on a shirt," I grumbled, my eyes fixed on the consulting detective on the screen.

"Keep that in mind for Christmas," she responded before disappearing into the kitchen.

Harry chuckled the slumped down on the couch next to me. He laid his head in my lap. I glanced down to see his cheesy smile. I chortled, "Hey, Curly,"

"Hi, Boobear." He purred as I tangled my fingers in his curly hair. "Are you excited for summer break?"

"Sure am," I answered. "I'm mostly ecstatic that I don't have to do a mountain of bloody homework every night."

"I'm glad I don't have to take chemistry next semester." He added.

"Why would you need to take a chemistry course when there so much going on right here?" I said, jokingly winking at him.

He laughed, "I suppose you have a point."

Harry and I had always kidded about us being a couple, as did everyone else. We've gotten asked numerous times if we were dating, though, which was a bit awkward, but I didn't mind.

In fact (if I'm being honest with myself) I wouldn't mind actually dating him. He's kind of perfect. But I'm straight, and so is he. I think.

Alright, maybe I have a tiny crush on him. But it's probably just because we've been best friends literally forever. We have an unbreakable bond.

Sure, I get butterflies when he looks at me and I feel electricity when we touch. And I may or may not stare at his lips and fantasize about them against mine...

But, that's completely platonic.

Kind of.

"Are we going to Zayn's tonight?" Harry wondered aloud.

I wandered my stare back down to his brilliant emerald eyes, "I mean, if you want to. Niall and Liam are bringing dates, though."

"Well, it looks like I'll just have to be your date," Harry suggested, grinning, and propelling himself off the couch. "Go get ready,"

"Why can't I just wear what I've got on?" I gestured to my plaid pajama bottoms and grey v-neck.

"If you're going to be my date I expect you to look sharp. C'mon!"

I groaned as Harry grasped my hand and lead me to my bedroom. He shut the door and sat me on my bed. I chuckled to myself as I watched him invade my closet in pursuit of something 'sharp' to wear.