Sick

It was an awful way to spend a week; bed ridden. Louis was absolutely miserable, not being able to get anything done at all. He just laid there, sniffling and sneezing, coughing out his lungs and wallowing in self pity. This illness was slowly driving him mad. 

Louis couldn't even stand properly without his knees buckling, nearly falling over. His head felt as though liquid was sloshing around inside of it. The more he moved, the worse it got. It took about two days for the message that his body was telling him to sink it. The message was Stay put. Staying put is something Louis hated among all else. 

He liked to be active- play football, run around, dance, sing, laugh, pull pranks, and most significantly, run mischief. Louis was the king of trouble-making, and how can a king rule while he's stuck in bed all week?

"Hey, Lou," chimed Harry, Louis' boyfriend, on entering the ill-stricken boy's bedroom. 

This was Louis' favorite part of his miserable week so far; 5:35, when Harry's classes ended and he got to Louis' flat. "Hey, Hazz," Louis croaked in response. 

This was day four of Louis' sickness. Harry had been tending to the older boy; bringing him soup, tea, cough drops, medicine, and an endless amount of tissues. Harry felt terrible for his boyfriend, all miserable with a cherry red button nose and flushed cheeks. 

Harry pressed the back of his hand to Louis' burning forehead, as his mother had done to him when he was a child. Harry frowned, "You feel even worse than yesterday."

"Cheers," Louis groaned ironically. 

Harry handed Louis a bottle of cold water, which Louis took gratefully and downed in a matter of moments. Harry seated himself next to Louis on the bed and granted him a half-hearted grin, "I'm sorry you got the flu, Love."

Louis merely shrugged his shoulders, placing the now empty plastic bottle on his bedside table. Harry reached out and took Louis' hand, grasping it reassuringly. Louis tried his best to smile at Harry. Even that required more energy then Louis had. 

"Would you like some soup?" Harry inquired.

Louis slowly nodded his head yes. Once that was said, Harry pressed a quick kiss to Louis' blazing cheek then strode off into the adjacent room. He returned with a bowl of steaming chicken-and-noodle soup in hand. He handed Louis a lap-tray then cautiously set the bowl on it. 

"Tell me about your day," Louis order with a groggy tone, sipping a spoonful of the soup. He experienced momentary relief in his throat as the hot liquid drained down it. 

Harry began speaking, "I got up. I had a shower. I strolled out for a bit, then I went to my classes. And now I'm here with my beautiful, sick baby."

Louis grinned slightly at this, continuing to eat the food Harry had provided for him. 

"Are you up for a film?" Harry questioned, attempting to think of something that could possibly entertain his poor boyfriend; who was bored out of his mind. 

"Like what?" Louis replied. 

A playful smirked stretched across Harry's full lips. He leaped up and trotted out of the room, then returned seconds later, holding something behind his back. "Guess?"

Louis knit his eyebrows together in concentration. Knowing his sappy boyfriend rather well, it was either Bambi or some kind of romance flick. He shrugged, "Love Actually?"

"It's more of a classic," Harry hinted, stepping towards the DVD player. 

Louis told Harry he'd given up. Harry placed the disc in the device and pressed the on button. He kicked his shoes off them crawled into bed with Louis. Louis gazed at him in concern. 

Harry flicked his eyes to the other boy, "Don't worry, Lou. I'm not going to get sick."

Louis was still a bit worried he was contagious, but trusted Harry's judgment. He glanced at the screen when he realized Harry had put Titanic in. He rolled his eyes, "Cheesy,"

"Hey, it's not cheesy! It's beautiful," Harry defended one of his favorite films. 

Louis just chuckled, then finished his soup. He set the empty bowl on the table next to the bottle, then leaned against Harry's warm body. Louis and Harry cuddled as the film progressed. 

"Lou?"

"Yes?" Louis responded, gazing in the direction of the younger boy. 

Harry peered back into Louis' blue eyes with innocent green ones, a smile on his lips, "I love you more than Jack loves Rose."

Louis chortled at Harry's cute comment, "And I love you more than Rose loves Jack."

"Well, good. Because Jack obviously loves Rose more than Rose loves Jack," Harry nodded. 

"What are you insinuating?" Louis replied, lifted eyebrows. 

"That I love you more than you love me." Harry answered assuredly. 

Louis shook his head, "Not even possible."

"Is so," Harry protested. "I love you to infinity and beyond."

"I love you more than that." Louis tried, not being very creative. 

"I love you ten more than you'll ever say you love me," Harry told Louis, triumphant. 

"Oh yeah? Well, I love you more than Niall loves Ireland and Liam loves Batman combined,"

Harry nodded, "Good one."

Louis poked his tongue between his dry lips, "I win,"

"Alright, Lou," Harry chuckled. "Whatever you say."

Satisfied, Louis nuzzled back into his boyfriend and pulled the comforter up around them a bit more. A warm sensation covered him as Harry's lips followed a trail down his skin, "Harry... You're going to get sick..."

"I'll be fine, Lou. Now kiss me," Harry ordered, lips pouted. 

Louis shook his head, "I have the bloody flu, you weirdo," 

"I don't care," Harry sang in a facetious tone, leaning into Louis. 

"Harry," Louis whined, trying to increase separation between them. 

"You know I'm stronger right now, you may as well just kiss me,"

Sighing in defeat, Louis turned to face him. Not long after, Harry placed a passionate kiss to Louis lips, making both of their hearts flutter. They stayed like that for a few moments; savoring the taste of each others lips. 

The two boy's kisses were something magical. They kissed like two people who loved each other unconditionally, endlessly, and passionately. Two people who were completely enthralled with one another, wanting to be nowhere but with each other for as long as they got the privilege of living. 

Because that's exactly what they were. 

Louis pulled back, grinning at Harry, "I love you."

"I love you, too, Lou," Harry chortled, "That rhymed."

Louis rolled his eyes at his ridiculous boyfriend, and swiftly pecked him on the lips once more. And so the two boy's sat, one ill and one well, encased in one another's grasp, watching Titanic. Louis felt safe in Harry's arms, feeling the boys heartbeat against his ear. He felt whole, and Harry felt complete. 

Thankfully, Louis was well again within the next few days. However, he had passed the flu to his boyfriend, so he'd be the one taking care of Harry this time round.