Back To The Start

“Really? A girlfriend?” I ask Harry as he buttons up his shirt. “You’re going on a date with a girl. Your girlfriend,”

Harry sighs, rolling his eyes. “Yes, a girl.”

“First of all, don’t roll your eyes at me little boy,” I say, tossing him his blazer a bit harshly. “Second, you’re gay as hell.”

“I don’t see why you’re so upset about this. You broke up with me; not the other way round. Why do you care who I date?”

“I don’t,” I lie. “You’re just lying to yourself, Harold.”

“It’s just Harry.” He retorts, pulling on his boots.

“Whatever.” I mutter.

He stands to full height and stares down at me. I cross my arms over my chest and jut my hip out, trying to compensate for the fact that he towers over me now.

“Rosetta is a nice girl.”

“I’m sure she is.”

“Then why you so cross about this?”

I huff, “Haz, I realize that I broke up with you and you have every right to move on. I just don’t understand why you switched to vagina.”

“Maybe I like vagina better.”

I narrow my eyes at him. “You’re making this whole ‘staying best mates’ thing really difficult.”

“We didn’t have to be just friends, Lou. Don’t pretend that any of this is on me.”

“You’re the one who’s been an asshole to me ever since.”

Harry shakes his head. “You expect me to be fine? You expect me to act like nothing ever happen? You broke my heart, Louis. That’s not fine. That’s not something I can forget.”

“You know why I ended it.”

“Knowing does make it hurt less. If you regret breaking up with me, then I’ll cancel this date right now, Louis. But I’m not going to wait forever for you to stand up to your homophobic parents.”

I sigh, shaking my head. “Just go.”

“Lou-“

“Go, Harry. I don’t want to have this conversation anymore.”

He lets out a loud huff, staggering to the door. I peer up, scanning my eyes along my ex-boyfriend. Truth is that I want him back; I still love him. But, my mother told me to break up with him because it’s a disgusting sin and the homosexuals are worthless. We had a two hour scream match and it ended in her threatening to destroy my life if I don't split off with my boyfriend. We had been dating for a few weeks prior, but it wasn't that hard to hide it, considering that fact that she trusted me. Now that we came out, it wouldn't be so simple. 

“I’m glad I’m worth fighting for to you.” Harry spits at me before exiting my bedroom. I try not to tear up, but I do anyways.

_

It’s late in the evening and it was a long and annoying day of everyone talking about how Harry Styles and Rosetta Stevens are and ‘item’.

I don’t understand how people are convinced that Harry’s even a little straight. Maybe it’s just because they don’t know what he can do with his mouth.

My phone rings, blasting my ringtone full-volume. I sigh and swipe it off the coffee table, pausing the film I’m watching and answering absentmindedly. “Pizza hut.”

“Lou?”

I shift in my seat. “What?”

“Hey…” Harry’s voice begins from the other line.