Chapter Twelve: The Dark Forest

"NO!" yowled Stargleam. She ran after Tigerstar, but he was too fast. She couldn't catch up. Finally, she stopped. She was so tired and sad; tears began to roll down her face. Her sister was dead and Tigerstar had escaped!

"Why am I so useless?" she asked. "Why couldn't I kill him?"

"It's not your fault," said a voice from behind her.

"WHAT? WHO'S THERE?" she said as she jumped.

"It's just me," said Jayfeather, walking over to her side. "You couldn't kill him because you're not dead."

"What?" said Stargleam. "What do you mean?"

"He's in the Dark Forest!" said Jayfeather. "He's already dead!"

Oh no, what do I do? thought Stargleam.

"We can go to the Dark Forest, but it's very dangerous," mewled Jayfeather.

"Take me there!" said Stargleam.

She slept, and then they were in the Dark Forest. It was dark. Here was no moon to light the way and it was very hard to see. Then they heard voices! It was Tigerstar!

"Okay, then we'll kill her and invade ThunderClan," he was saying.

"WHAT!? NOO!" said Stargleam. She jumped at him. She was about to hit him when Darkstripe was there!

"TIGERSTAR, WATCH OUT!" said Darkstripe. Tigerstar looked at her, and he clawed her. It wasn't fair!

Stargleam fell to the ground. Blood was coming from a wound on her shoulder. It was a lot of red blood. Hawkfrost looked at her. She was so beautiful.

Kawaii, he thought, just like Firestar. He loved her; he had to save her.

He jumped at Tigerstar! He bit him! But it was too late; Stargleam was dying. It was turning black.

"I love you," she said as she died.

AND THEN STARGLEAM WAS DEAD!!