Chapter 10

I may look like I'm free but this chains are still here... Hiding, where you can't find it.

Augustine closed the gate behind her as she look forward and saw Liam, waiting for her or someone.

"Liam?" Augustine asked in disbelief.

"Hey" Liam looked at her and smiled. "Morning"

"M-morning to you too then..." Both start to walk side by side. "You seem to be needed something... What is it?" Augustine asked as she frowned.

Liam heavily sighed and damped his handkerchief in her cheeks. "Does it bother you to have cuts and bruises all over your body?"

Augustine blushed and grabbed his handkerchief. "I CAN HANDLE MYSELF!"

Liam only chuckled and look at his watch. "You're early..."

"I just want to get out of that house" Augustine rolled her eyes. "You're the one who's early... What are you doing infront of our house?"

"Waiting you..." Liam said seriously as he ruffled her hair. "I might as wait for you since you're important to me" Liam blushed and looked away.

"You're an idiot"

***

"AUGUSTINE!!" Nhietth immediately hugged her, making both of them fell. "Teli's prediction is correct! Although we need to have a probability of 50-50 percent to save you!" Nhietth began to cry. "I know in any day you'll going to end your life... August we're here for you... Please... We'll save you"

Augustine cried with them. Liam began comforting her at the side as her squad hugged her. "Goddammit guys!" Augustine laughed as she wiped her tears. "You guys are such a crybaby!!"

Dev raises one of his eyebrows and wiped his tears. "Look whose talking! You're a crybaby!!"

Alice coughed at the background as everyone looked at her.

"Hate to break the scene but... There was another incident"

Augustine's eyes widened as she stood up and grabbed her collar. "Where is it?"

"Downstairs, at the chem lab" Alice said. "Hurry now before the police finds it." Augustine nodded as she sprinted to her destination.

"WAIT!"

***

Augustine's eyes widened then laughed. "Mama?" She laughed as she combed her hair backwards. " Jhonny? Zeri? Oh come on guys... Quit playing around..." She laughed even more as she kneeled down beside them, shaking their bodies to wake them up. "Oh come on! Jhonny, you have school today! And also you Zeri! Come on now! Up up! Why are you sleeping here anyways? This isn't your..." Tears sprung out to her eyes. "Room..." Augustine cried harder. "Come on... Wake up guys... Wake up" she even shake them more.

There lay a clean corpse of her siblings and brutally murdered mother.

"PLEASE WAKE UP!" Augustine shouted as she shaked both of her siblings, tears sprouting down her eyes. "Please... I beg of you" She whispered and hugged them both.

She looked at her mother whose arms are sprawled out like an eagle and her mouth even spread more as if it was stitched to her ears. Her eyes are gone while her hair is shaved. Looking at her torso, it was wide open, intestines are sprawling out of it while her legs are chopped off and sewn together.

Augustine laughed. "Is this hell?" She laughed more. "This is... This is beautiful!" She laughed and looked at her friends. "Can you guys help me? They won't wake up!"

Her friends looked at her with fear. "She lost it" Tris muttered. "She lost her sanity"

"She snapped" Ali muttered also as she bit her lower lip. "Teli, what-- Teli?"

"There!" Nhietth shouted as she pointed at Teli, whose walking to Augustine. "What are you even doing?" Nhietth asked.

"Teli! Help me!" Augustine laughed

Augustine felt some sharp pain on her cheek. Her eyes widened like her friends'. She looked at Teli as she touched her red cheek.

"What are you laughing at?" Teli asked her. "They died August! Don't you feel anything? Sadness? Despair? Regret?"

Augustine looked at the floor then at her as she giggled. "What do you mean by that?"

Teli's eyes widened.

"I don't feel anything"

Augustine immediately grabbed her throat. "I really don't feel anything!" she dug her nails into her skin as her friends tried to stop her.

"Is this really you?" Teli asked as she tried to grasp the air. "Au-August... You're not you! Please... Wake up!" Teli pleaded.

"What?" Augustine asked and tilted her head. "My eyes are wide open right now." She laughed, letting go of Teli. "Wow! You guys are really fragile!" she sneered at them.

"I don't mind breaking some bones" she said, cracking her knuckles.

"H-H-HELP!!!" Maine shouted as she ran, dragging Ali behind.