Assistance

It took a few days for Wilson to stop tripping over his weak legs, and a few days longer for that starving, gaunt look to dissapear from his eyes.

   In all this time, the two of you grew closer.

   Wilson was confused at just how strange you were, but a little intrigued.

   He could tell that it was somewhat hard for you to interact with him, in a way that made the man think that you had been alone for quite some time. Your words were rough and boxy, and he found that you cursed with burning passion, a trait that was simultaneously endearing and scary.

   Wilson could relate, though. He hadn't been exactly known for his social skills, especially when he'd moved to a secluded area in Britain, all in the name of furthering his scientific research. For years, he had worked with no stopping, every second of his day devoted to the Sciences. And if he was being perfectly honest... to a bit of the occult as well.

   You were something of an oddity, however. Your reasons for being alone were simply because you liked the solitude.

   Still, for all your abrasive quirks, he knew that you had a soft spot somewhere within your chest. He saw it when you looked at him with concern, and sternly ordered him to get some rest, or eat something healthy. 

   Wilson was a scientist, and you were an anomaly. He was... captivated, to say the least.

   A near decade of being alone had left him missing the contact of another.

   The sun was beginning to set, which put an excited expression on his face. After a few days into his recovery, you began to leave in the daylight.

    You came and went like clockwork, leaving him to his tinkering, and returning at nightfall with a pack full of fresh supplies.

   The nights were the only time Wilson had a chance to get to know you, and each one added another piece to the puzzle.

   Right on cue, you returned just as the sky began to darken, an axe slung over your shoulder and a satisfied expression lightening your (color) eyes. Wilson grinned, and waved you over to the dinner he had prepared.

   "What's today's poison, Snowy?" He found himself liking the little nicknames you called him, and you seemed relieved that he had accepted them. "Holy hells, is that a crock pot?"

   "Just the latest invention!" He beamed, pride swelling in his chest. "With this, we'll be able to cook twice the meat, and it'll be significantly tastier!"

   You gave a low whistle, gently tapping his shoulder with your closed fist. "That's amazing, Wilson. You're one heck of a scientist."

   Wilson felt his face heat up. "You're too kind, Miss/Mister
(y/n)."

    The rest of the night would be spent doing what Wilson affectionately called, 'story telling'. Sometimes, you'd tell him about your life before Maxwell, and other times, you'd make up a story to tell.

   One of your more impressive traits was your expansive imagination, which could whip up a good tale in under a minute. Wilson wasn't sure which one he liked more, your fiction or your history.

   The latter was much rarer. From what cryptic, short winded stories about yourself that you gave him, Wilson had gotten three things.

   You loved nature, people had rarely treated you right, and your family had perished. Everything else was something Wilson had to guess at.

   "And so, the demon laughed without pity, his evil eye trained on the cultist." You were spinning a tale aimed towards being scary, and scary it was, as Wilson was hanging onto your every word. "The cultist asked what he owed the demon, and had only a single phrase in response- Your mortal soul!"

   Wilson jumped as you grabbed his ribs, a squeak of fear escaping him. You fell back in a fit of laughter at your companion. Scaring him with a good story was always a treat.

   "Good grief," the Scientist laughed nervously, "that one certainly was... dark. Did you come up with that all on your own?"

   You nodded, tapping your temple with an index finger. "When you're left alone for a long time, you either amuse yourself or go crazy. I learned how to tell stories a long time ago."

   "Really now..."

   For a minute, Wilson saw a look of indecision cross your face, before it fell apart to confidence again. "I was without a real family for a long time. My mom and dad kicked the bucket, and they tried to put me in foster care. I ran away a lot, y'know, that's where I learned to take care of myself."

   "That's awful." Wilson breathed, "I'm so sorry."

   You shrugged. "Hey, that's all right. I'm at peace with what happened. I got to meet a lot of people, and see a lot of places, and got to become my own person."

   "Do you ever miss your parents?" Wilson's voice was barely a whisper. Something about this moment felt sacred, like you were entrusting him with an important secret.

   "...Sometimes." came your simple reply. "They were good people who made some bad mistakes. I learned a lot from them."

   The scientist studied you, his heedful eyes holding sympathy. "Thank you... for telling me, I mean. That stuff is hard to talk about."

   "Yeah, but you're not exactly an imposing presence. Anyone ever tell you that you're a good listener, Snowy?"

   The scientist blushed again. He seemed to be doing that a lot lately. "No. Most people called me things like mad and a nobody. Science in the 1920's is a rather difficult field."

   This caught your attention, as you gave him a confused look. "Woah woah woah, 1920's? Wilson, are you trying to say that you're from the nineteen hundreds?"

   "Are you trying to say that you aren't?"

   "When I left home, it was 2017. Holy shit, how long have you been here?!"

   The scientist sighed, his eyes full of shock. "I knew you were different from me. I've been here for about a year... this either means that Maxwell has full access to the realm of time... or than that's how much time his passed in the real world."

  "Dude..." you stared at Wilson with wide eyes, "That's amazing! What was it like back then?!"

   "I-i don't know, what's it like when you come from?!"

   You thought about this, before chuckling. "Well, 2016 kicked our ass..."

   Wilson went on to listen about your time, an awed expression on his face. You really were an amazing person.

(If you can spot the pokémon ref, I'll give u a oneshot)