Pack

Wilson ran, ran ran ran.

   "Welcome brother!" One of the Shades beside him said, joy lighting his white stare. They were dead, but oh so alive, fueled by the night and forest.

   "Yes! Kin!"

   "Night-brother!"

   Wilson stretched his maw into a smile, and followed as they led him trough their dark territory. It seemed to be another dimension entirely, existing alongside the one (y/n) and he belonged in.

   All was pitch black, yet somehow he knew where he was. He couldn't see the trees or scenery, but he could sense them. It was as if he were a part of this world, moving through it sightlessly, like the wind.

   The biggest Shade, his aura like that before a heavy storm, butted heads with Wilson affectionately as they came to a stop. He could feel others there, writhing and moving with excitement.

   "Your name, brother, your name?" He asked, in a tounge that was familiar but foreign.

    "Wilson." He replied, shivering as the others came to observe.

    "So small, so small!"

    "He remembers name?"

    "Wilson smart!"

    They all seemed amazed that he knew, but accepted it immediately. The largest dipped his head in a welcome.

   "I am Strong Shadow." He said, pointing to himself. The others bounced in joy.

   "Am Flower-Keeper!" One declared.

   "Fire-starter!" Said another.

   "Brave-Warrior!"

   Wilson nodded, rubbing noses with them all. It was tempting to be friendlier towards them, but he had to remember why he was here. To take them down.

   Strong Shadow introduced a few more as brother or sister, as many of them had no names to remember, and eventually turned to Wilson.

    "Where is?" The new Shade asked, referring to the darkness around him.

    "Home, but only for a little while. We hide from the bad Queen. Soon we will kill her as she has done us, and take back our world from false King!"

    The other creatures began to howl and shriek in agreement, whirling about like agitated bee's. Something in Wilson grew angry as they referenced Maxwell, as if he wanted to shred the ruler to pieces, but he knew that he wasn't in a right state of mind. He joined in the snarling and revelry, not entirely pretending.

    They eventually settled down, Strong Shadow having to break up a few scuffles, and began to grow quiet. Strong Shadow drew them all in a tight circle.

    "Listen, dark kin." He began, "We hunt tonight! Build Wilson-Brother's strength so that he may aid our cause!"

    Cheers sounded, but Wilson felt anxiety well in his cold chest. Hunt for what? Souls? Animals? He didn't want to kill anything! The other creatures seemed pleased, but Flower-keeper caught on to his nervousness.