Deadly

Wilson sighed contentedly, pressing gently into the side of his beloved as they slept soundly against a log.

   They had fallen asleep pretty fast after confessing their feelings for one another, snuggling in a warm heap of affection. For Wilson, it could never be enough.

   You really were something special. Brave, kind, clever. Everything he'd ever wanted in a partner. The morning sun pricked at his skin, but Wilson ignored it in the name of love.

   He chuckled. Maybe it was all right that Maxwell had dropped him into this hell. He would have never met his angel.

   "mmm... Wilson?"

   The man flushed, and met the (color) eyes of his lover. "Good morning, miss/mister (y/n)," He purred, closing his eyes and savoring the moment. "You look ravishing this fine morning."

   You blushed, pulling Wilson closer with a smirk on your face. "Good morning yourself, Mister Higgsbury."

   Wilson melted inside. "I never thought I'd wake up to such a beautiful face."

   "And I never thought I'd wake up to such fabulous hair."

   He chuckled at your words, giving a happy smile before his face fell. The sun had climbed over the tall pines, making his flesh crawl like he was being burned alive. He hissed, and with unearthly speed, dissapeared into thin air and materialize in the shadows.

   Wilson watched you panic, bolt straight up with pain on your face, before he called out.

   "(Y/n), I'm here!"

   His voice was warped, dark and rough, and those familiar cracks had begun to crawl up his wrists.
   You spun around, face to face with Wilson, who had become the monster from earlier.

   This time, Wilson could remember, and that made everything twice as terrifying. It felt like the cold had wrapped around his entire being, trapping him in a darkness that made him hate all who dwelled in the light.

   But he couldn't hate you.

   "Maxwell!" You roared, fury lighting your expression, "I've made my decision!"

   The man appeared much like Wilson had dissapeared, in a thick cloud of smoke. Wilson felt a growl bubble forth from his chest. He hated that guy.

   "I hope for your sake that it was the right one," The demon told her snidely.

   You made a noise that could have rivaled Wilson's growls. He felt a swell of pride as you faced Maxwell with brave, unyielding eyes. "We'll do what you want," you hissed, "but if Wilson get's hurt, you'll pay."

   "Bloody brilliant." He breathed. "I'm glad you've came to your senses. Has Mr. Higgsbury already reverted to his Shadow form?"

   "Yeah, I think the sun triggered it." You muttered, "can you find him?"

   Maxwell produced the book from earlier. Wilson recoiled, feeling the evil and power radiating from the Codex Umbra.

   "Lor," The demon spat, "tal var."

   Come, you're mine.

   Everything seemed to come to a stop, and nothing mattered but doing as Maxwell said. The shadows spurred him forward, forcing his limbs to move.

   "See?" He told you, "I have him perfectly under control."

   Your face contorted in a look of disgust, not at Wilson, but at Maxwell. "You're sick," they snarled.

     Maxwell gave a little shrug, and kneeled down to face Wilson.
With a snap of his claws, your scientist became Wilson again. He fell into your arms, glaring devilishly at the demon who'd done this to him.

    "So, now that you two are together, I'm going to give you what ya need to fight."

    Maxwell dipped his hand in his book, the tome swallowing him up to his wrist. If Wilson hadn't been so woozy, he would have sworn that he'd seen a look of uncertainty in the demon's eyes, but it was quickly gone.

   When his hand resurfaced, it returned with a clear sphere in tow. The thing was flawless, a perfect, incandescent orb that held your gaze.

   Maxwell tossed it at you without any hesitation. You caught it barely, (color) eyes seemingly absorbed in the thing.

   He turned to Wilson, his black eyes stern. "And you'll be fine with just your Shađor Gifts."

   Another snap of the fingers, and Maxwell had dragged you two to a darkned, evil looking hall. Soft, jaunty music drifted through the air from a phonograph next to an imposing throne, which Maxwell sat upon with a look of exhaustion.

   "Now listen," he started, "I'm going to tell you how bad it is, so don't freak out."

   You grabbed Wilson's hand, "Saying things like that just makes me want to freak out."

    Maxwell sighed. "Always so difficult... Now listen up. This is important."