02

Millies pov

I loved coming to camp. I have attended it almost every summer since third grade. When school got out and everyone was excited to go on vacation or party their summer away, I always looked forward to camp. It was paradise for me. Being out in nature and away from all the kids at school. Also, no one here minded if I read all summer.

Sadie and I have been friends for a long time and shes always come with me to camp. She likes it here too because no one cares what you do here. You can pretty much do whatever you want and for a wild girl like Sadie, this was paradise also.

This is the first time Caleb has come along. Him and Sadie started dating at the beginning of the year and I quite liked him. He was very similar to Sadie which I didn't think was a good thing at first but they ended up just fine. Its almost like he keeps her grounded...almost.

I know there was absolutely nothing that could ruin this summer. Even the boy that has been eying me like a piece of meat for the last ten minutes.

"So Millie have you been to our place yet? Is it the same cabin as last year?" Sadie asked.

"No, it's different. It's actually right behind this one. Close. Convenient for you" I said, giving her and Caleb a wink.

"Oh stop it millie" Sadie said but Caleb sparked up at the comment.

"No this is great because we can all hang out and not have to worry about walking ten miles" Caleb said.

"Yeah I guess you have a point" I said, smiling.

"That sounds awesome. Can't wait to get to know you guys better" Finn said, laying down and putting his hands behind his head.

Still staring at me.

"Aw thanks Finn. I'm glad you're here" Sadie said, smiling.

"Yeah me too, man" Caleb added.

It would be rude if I didn't say it also.

"I'm happy you're here, too" I said turning my head towards him and flashing a smile.

He let out a low laugh that sent chills up my spine and then grinned widely.

"I'm really glad i'm here" he said, before biting his lip.

I didn't like this. It made me feel weird.
Like I had somehow done something wrong. I know I should probably be flattered but the way he was flirting with me didn't seem like he had the right intentions.

I continued to stare at him as he bit his lip, grinning. He then sat up and looked at Caleb.

"So...what do you guy do around here?" Finn asked.

"Whatever you want" Caleb answered.

"Oh don't tempt me" Finn said.

"No, he's serious. I mean you can go to all those bullshit activities and meetings if you want but it's more fun if you don't" Sadie said.

"I rather not go to all those bullshit activities and meetings" Finn said, mocking her.

Sadie scoffed and turned back to Caleb.

"Why don't I show you a special place that Millie and I found a couple of years ago" Sadie said.

"Sadie!" I shouted. That was our place and I don't know how I feel about her going there with someone else. But then again it was Caleb and I liked Caleb.

"What Millie?! Come on!" she shouted back.

I sighed in defeat. I wasn't going to tell her no especially because I know how much Caleb meant to her.

"Fine. Have fun" I said, cracking a smile.

"Yay. Come on let's go" Sadie said, latching arms with Caleb as they walked out.

I looked over to the curly haired boy. I think his name is Gaten? I'm pretty sure it is but regardless he was passed out on his bed and I think he has been for the past twenty minutes.

I turned away from Gaten and stared forward trying not to meet the gaze of someone else. I had been sitting on the end of Finns bed while we were all talking and now that it was just me and him I feel like maybe I should get up. I don't want to be rude it's just...I don't like this look he's giving me. Or is he still giving me it?

I looked over at him to find confirmation and sure enough he still was. He smiled when I turned to him and I parted my lips to say something but he beat me to it.

"So tell me about yourself, Millie" He said, emphasizing my name.

"I um...I'm from London" I said.

"I can tell" he said before he sat up, scooting closer to me in the process. I furrowed my eyebrows as a reaction to his movement.

"I like your accent. It's cute" he said, grinning.

"Thank you" I replied as genuinely as possible.

I didn't not like him. He was alright and i'm sure he'll grow on me. I just don't know how I feel about his very obvious flirting. Especially because we just met.

"Tell me more" He said.

"Um I...i'm fifteen. I love to read. I-"

"You like to read?" he asked, interrupting me.

"Yes" I croaked out.

"Hm...I like that" He said, flashing another daring smile.

"You like that I like to read?" I questioned.

"Yeah...its hot" he said.

I nodded my head and looked away from him, staring at Caleb's very messy bed. I could feel him move but I don't know if it was closer to me or just changing positions. Either way I continued to look forward.

"I wanna know more" he said.

"Why. Im boring" I said.

"No you're not" he said, laughing softly.

"Yes I am" I snapped back, turning to look at him.

I could tell he was shocked with my sudden sternness. He raised an eyebrow at me and yet again- flashed another heart dropping smile.

"I can make you not boring" he said.

"I don't like the sound of that" I said.

"I didn't mean it like that" he said.

I finally got the courage to lock his eyes with mine. I still didn't know if I disliked or liked him.

"I can teach you how to have fun. You know...do things other than reading" he said.

"Like?" I asked.

He let out another low, bone chilling laugh.

"You'll just have to wait and find out" he said.