13

Finns pov

It had been two weeks. Two weeks of basically the same thing. I wake up every morning at three am to Millie screaming and crying. I calm her down and tell her to go back to sleep, promising i'll go back to sleep too. I never do. I always stay awake, watching her, making sure nothing hurts her. I then wake her up when the sun starts creeping through the windows and drag her to breakfast. We've been doing some activities and groups with the counselors lately, too stay out of trouble. We go about our day, reading, arts and crafts, environmental shit. When the day ends I always find my myself thinking about her even more. Thinking about how grateful I am to have her. To have her safe. I fall asleep every night, her nuzzled into my chest, ready to wake up and think about her more. My entire life has been taken over by her and it's only been a little over a month. Time is running out and we know this but we don't talk about it. There's only four more weeks of camp and i'll cherish every second.

"Ooooh maybe we could kill innocent animals today?"

"Mhm".

"Finn! You're not listening to me!" Millie said.

"Yes I was! Uh something about murdering animals?" I said, snapping out of my thoughts and smiling. She shook her head and looked back down at her sketch book. She was sketching this place her and Sadie liked or something. We were eating lunch at a wooden table near the activity building. We had just finished up and Millie decided she was done for the day and just wanted to relax. I was glad because I had plans. I was supposed to meet up with Gaten and Caleb later tonight to discuss an on going plan but until then I wanted to do something with Millie. Something just me and her. Something fun.

"Can I blindfold you?"

She looked up at me and gave me a very questioning look. I know how it sounded and I said it like that on purpose just to see her reaction.

"Um when and why?". She looked back down at her drawing. I laughed and stood up.

"I want to take you somewhere". I walked around and sat next to her on her side of the bench. I scooted close.

"Somewhere special". Closer.

"Just you and me" I whispered into her ear. I felt the chills I gave her and wrapped my arms around her stomach, pulling her even closer.

"Special...and where is that exactly?" she asked. I started to lean my head down to the base of her neck. She grabbed one of the hands that was around her stomach and squeezed it. I know what I was doing to her, I did it often. Its a little game I like to play, though she would never play back, she was too shy. But maybe I could change that today.

"You'll see. Be patient, cutie". I started to trail my lips up her neck, slowly and gently. I heard her inhale deeply and saw her eyes close. I kissed the back of her head and decided this could wait till later.

"So about that blind fold?"

She opened her eyes and turned to face me.

"I'm not letting you blind fold me". I smiled.

"But why not I mean...you want to do it". Suddenly things shifted. Her smile turned to a frown and she pressed her lips tightly together.