05

Finns pov

It had been two weeks since I arrived at this camp. Two weeks of smoking with Gaten. Two weeks of watching Caleb and Sadie swap spit. Two weeks of showering in cold water. And two weeks of having in-depth conversations with Millie every night.

For the most part it was the same routine. I would come over when Sadie and Caleb started annoying the shit out of me. She would already have two cups of coffee made when I got there and we'd talk the night away until Millie got tired and then I'd leave. Well, she thought I left imminently after she shut her eyes. In reality I would stay for about twenty minutes and watch her sleep. I know its weird but I couldn't help it. It was the only time I could stare at her without her scolding me.

Of course I had thought about making a move but for some reason I couldn't. She wasn't like the other girls back home who would practically beg me to lock lips with them and of course, I would comply with their request. But Millie..she was different. She didn't give me any reason to believe she thought of me as more than a friend and I respected that. That's the other weird thing. I'm persistent when it comes to girls. I didn't care if they liked me or not if I liked them that's all that mattered and I always figured they would like me eventually anyways, which they did.

With Millie I didn't feel like I needed to pressure her or rush her into to anything. For the most part I kept my distance when we were alone so she wouldn't get that wrong idea. She never did get the wrong idea. She was more comfortable with me than anyone. Even Sadie who now spends more time with Caleb than with Millie. I don't mind because that means I can hang out with her.

"Finn wake the fuck up"

I snapped out of my thoughts and looked up to see Caleb across from the wooden table we were eating at.

"Dude what were you thinking about you were smiling like crazy" Gaten said. I looked over to the curly haired boy who I hadn't gotten to know very well because he was always passed out.

"Take a wild guess" I said.

"Ummm...hmmm...lemme guess that prude Millie you always hang around with?" Gaten asked.

"Ah man piss off, Millie isn't prude" Caleb said, stuffing a bite of a turkey sandwich in his mouth.

"Uh yeah...yeah she is" Gaten said.

"And how would you know? You're always shit faced" I said.

"I dont gotta be awake to see that a girl is prude finnlard" Gaten shot back. Finnlard. My new nick name amongst the group. I wasnt sure if I liked it yet.

"She's not prude" I said. Gaten then put his chin on his hands and leaned forward.

"Oh yeah? Please tell me more" he said.

"Shut up it isnt like that" I said, looking down.

"Oh yes I know it isnt like that because shes prude" Gaten said. I looked back up to see Caleb holding back his laughter.

"Fuck you. Both of you. Millie's awesome" I said.

"Im not saying shes not awesome i'm saying-"

"Sadie! Millie!" Caleb said, cutting Gaten off.

I turned around and saw the two girls walking forward. Both Sadie and Millie were wearing jean shorts and bikini tops and their hair was soaking wet.

"Did ya'll go swimming?" Gaten asked.

"No our hair is always this wet" Millie said, sarcastically and causing everyone to laugh. Gaten looked over at me and winked and then looked back at Millie.

"Why don't you come sit here, Mills" Gaten said, patting the spot next to him on the wooden bench.

Caleb shot me a look as if he was questioning what Gaten was doing. I was too. What the hell was Gaten up too.

"Oh okay thanks Gaten!" Millie said, smiling and oblivious.

Millie sat down next to Gaten and Gaten immediately wrapped his arm around Millie, squishing her against his body.

Caleb started bursting with laughter and Sadie looked around confused. I just stared at Gaten.

"Um Gaten...you're...you're kinda hurting me" she said, moving her face from his chest so her words could be heard.

"Oh i'm so sorry Millie. Where did I hurt you? Can I kiss it better?"

"Thats enough!" I yelled, standing up causing the table to shift.

Gaten smiled at me once more before letting Millie go.

"What the hell is your problem?" I said.

"Hey man chill is was just a joke" Gaten said, holding his hands out innocently.

"Finn chill...it was just a joke" Millie said, looking at me. Somehow that calmed me down more than anything. I sat back down and Millie scooted away from Gaten to prevent another incident.

"Anyways..." Sadie started.

"There's a party tonight by the south beach. We are all going".

"Um i'm not" Millie said.

"Um yeah you are. Come on Millie don't be like that" Sadie said.

"Prude" Gaten mouthed, only Caleb and I could see it but still felt it was necessary to kick him under the table.

"Millie come on. I could do your hair and your makeup and I could make you look all hot-"

"Fine i'll go but don't make me look sleazy" Millie interrupted.

"No promises" Sadie said, smiling.

"Finn you're going right?"

I looked up to see Millie staring straight at me with her big hazel eyes. Of course I was going with or without Millie. I heard south beach parties were wild. But I kinda wanted to see how much Millie really wanted me to go.

"I don't know I mean-".

"Finn come on. Gaten will be stoned 10 minutes after we arrive, Caleb and Sadie will be too caught up in each others presence to even acknowledge my existence...you are going! I'm not asking i'm telling".

Wow she really did want me to go.

"I guess i'll go then" I said, pretending to give in.

"Yes!" Millie said. She then got up and came around the table to hug me from behind. She rested her head on my shoulder.

"Thank you" she whispered.

She then released me and turned to Sadie.

"Come on lets get ready, Sads" she said tugging Sadies arm. Sadie stood up and her and Millie walked away, in the direction of their cabin.

"Wow" Caleb said.

"You know Finn if you ever feel like you don't want Millie, I wouldnt mind-"

"Not gonna happen" I said cutting Gaten off.

He put his hands up as if he was surrendering and took the last sip of his soda before getting up and walking away.

"Tonight's gonna be interesting isn't it" Caleb asked.

"Oh hell yeah it is"