11

Finns pov

I felt like I was floating. Floating through the air. Floating peacefully through space or perhaps water. Nothing felt real and everything was dark and blurry. I didn't know where I was or how I got there but-

My eyes shot open. I was laying on the ground, with my face in the dirt. I felt something wet drip against my forehead, running down my cheeks. My hand went up to my head and I winced as I felt a gash occupy the back of my head. My eyes started to focus on my surroundings. I was still on the cliff that I had brought Millie. Only it was nighttime...and Millie wasn't there.

I started to panic and tried to raise myself up. Even though my head was swimming in a mixture of blood and pain, I had to get up. I finally got to my feet and looked around. There was no one here. No trace of anyone.

I start running fast, throwing myself through the bushes that Millie and I had entered earlier today. I didn't know where to go, I didn't know where I was running but I just couldn't stop. My heart is racing and I can't think straight. Its the mixture of panic and pain that's making everything confusing. I find myself struggling to keep my legs moving, they're wobbling and I feel like i'm gonna fall at any second.

I stop for a moment when I see a light. I'm near the cabins.

I take a deep breathe and start running again, straight towards my cabin.

I run up to the door and it takes me a few tries before I can grasp the door nob but I finally do and throw it open. Sadie and Caleb are sitting on his bed and Gaten is laying in his. They all look up at me.

"Fuck Finn! What happened!" Caleb said, rushing over to me.

"What the hell-"

"Listen have any of you seen Millie?!" I said cutting Gaten off. The panic in my voice was very noticeable and my uncontrollable shaking and blinking probably made them think I was crazy. Or just fucking scared out of my mind.

"No she hasn't been here. What-" I cut Gaten off again as I ran out through the door. I started pacing behind our cabin to Millie's.

Please. Please let her be there.

The lights were off but I still made myself run up and practically break the door down.

When I opened the door, it was like I was having deja vu from last week. Only this time it wasn't Noah sitting on his bed with a bruised face and a bloody lip. It was Millie.

"Finn" she said, weakly.

For some reason I wanted to run the opposite direction. I wanted to run out of the door back into the woods. But I didn't. I turned on a light so I could see her face better, but I instantly regretted it. She did not look good.

"Finn" she said again. I was shaking and I couldn't bring myself to get closer to her because i'd risk breaking down into tears.

"I'm okay" she said, nodding. She looked scared and weak. Like she was on the verge of tears herself.

"No you're not".

She took a deep breath and then started crying. I felt myself crumple at the sight. Her sitting on the edge of her bed, scared, tears falling from her eyes on to her swollen face. I just stood there for a second, again wanting to run out of the cabin because I couldn't handle all of this.

She started crying louder and I finally unfroze and went to her. I sat down next to her and gathered her into my arms, wrapping her up tightly. I wanted to make her feel safe, like no one would ever hurt her again. Like she was protected by me.