19

Finns pov

So, this is happening. This is actually happening. Millie is actually leaving, even though I was sure she'd come to her senses and realize that those assholes wouldn't be messing with her ever again. She didn't change her mind and I didn't do anything to make her think about it. I didn't argue when she gave me all my stuff back, I didn't argue when she told me I couldn't stay the night with her, and I didn't say anything when she admitted that this was nothing more than a summer fling.

I know I shouldn't hold anything she's said against her, even though I so badly want too. She's shutting me off, cancelling me out and maybe it's for the best. Maybe it'll help me forget about her.

I haven't seen her this morning, but Sadie came over to say that Millie's mom would be here at ten. It's nine thirty.

But I still sit on the edge of my bed and stare off into space wondering where it all went wrong. Of course, this would have happened eventually, I mean summer doesn't last forever and apparently neither does love.

"Finn."

I don't look up because the voice isn't feminine enough to be Millie's, and it isn't raspy enough to be Gaten's.

"Finn."

"What the fuck do you want, Caleb?"

I hear the wooden floor creak as he walks closer but I still don't look up at him.

"Don't bite my ass off man. I have to tell you something."

His feet come into my view now that he's standing in front of me. I look up at him slowly, tilting my head to the side when I realize that there's bags packed on his bed. I furrow my eyebrows.

"Sadie and I are leaving too. For Millie."

I know I shouldn't be shocked and I know I defiantly shouldn't be mad. It only makes sense, Sadie is Millie's best friend and Caleb is practically attached by the hip with Sadie. Or should I say, lips.

"Oh" I say, looking back down.

"Gaten's staying. You two are closer anyways, and uh live near each other, right?"

I nod my head, still not meeting his gaze. I hear Caleb let out a sigh and shift on his feet.

"You should at least say bye to her."

"Why...she doesn't care."

"Ah man- shut the hell up!"

Caleb's sudden angered tone causes me to look up.

"You know what Finn-" Caleb looks at the ceiling, biting the inside of his cheek. "I know things suck. Things fucking suck. What happen fucking sucks" he looks back at me. "But don't you dare say that. Don't you dare act like this was a waste of time for either of you. You don't know how she actually feels because she can't tell you without feeling worse. I do! She's been crying all morning!"

I only now realize, after he's finished, that my mouth is hanging open and I feel as if my blood as gone cold. All I can do is nod but the look he's giving me suggests he wants me to say something.

"I uh... Caleb there's no use. I'll never see her again."

Caleb smiles and shakes his head.

"Listen her Finnlard. We have a plan."

-

Caleb wasn't kidding, Millie had actually been crying. I'm still a good distance away from her, walking up to her and Sadie in the parking lot, but I can still see that her eyes are red and swollen.

I walk with Caleb, holding one of his bags, and getting closer to the two girls. Sadie notices me first, nudging Millie's shoulder to get her attention. She looks up at me, her eyes meeting mine. I press my lips together hard at the sight of her, bags in hand, leaving me.

"Finn" she says, when I finally get close enough to her. I set Caleb's bag down and invite her into my arms, which she so willingly accepts. She wraps her thin arms around my neck, reaching up the best she can due to our height difference. Grasping her waist, I set my head on her shoulder, pulling her close.

"I didn't think you'd come" she says. The words come out muffled due to her face being buried into my shirt.

"I'm sorry I didn't come sooner" I say, pulling away to look at her face.

She smiles. "It's fine."

Almost like it was on cue, a car drives up and the lady inside of it waves. Millie lets go of me and smiles back at the lady, who I'm guessing is Millie's mom. The car comes to a stop in front of us and Caleb starts grabbing their bags.

"Oh, one thing Finn" Millie says, turning back to me. She pulls a piece of paper out of her back pocket and looks down at it, slowly walking towards me.

"I drew this. A while ago." She looks back up at me. "Back when you liked to pressure me into doing things, using the excuse that I wanted to do it."

I laugh at the memory that seems like it happened years ago, she joins but looks down at the paper.

"Here" she says, handing me the paper. I take it from her and gently start to unfold it. She looks...almost nervous, as I do.

Once its undone and I have a full view of the drawing and I can't help but smile.

"Is this us?" I ask. I can see her nod shyly out of the corner of my eye.

It's a sketch of two hands, one passing a joint to the other. There's also writing at the bottom, a part of it is written in red pen and the other part is written in blue. Indicating it was written at different times.

I look up at her quickly, before looking back down at the paper. I begin to read the neatly, colored message.

The red text read:

Dear Finn,

Today you made me smoke a cigarette for the first time. I don't know why I even agreed but I guess it's because there's something about you that makes me not scared. Not scared to try things. Brave, yeah that's the right word. I'm becoming very fond of you and I am excited to see if this friendship works out or if you're just another asshole bad boy.

The blue text read:

Dear Finn,

Turns out our friendship did work out. It worked out better than I expected...I fell in love with you. I'll miss you and trust me...I'll never forget about you.
-Millie

My eyes start to water and I bite my lip looking up. Millie has started to walk away but I catch up to her, taking her hand in mind. She looks at me rather confused to what I have to say. At first, words don't come out, I don't know what to say but something needs to be said.

"This wasn't just a summer fling" I spit out.

Millie smiles and her eyes begin to water too, but she wipes them before the tears fall.

"Goodbye, Finn."

She turns and starts walking towards the car. Sadie and Caleb have already put their luggage in the trunk and sit in the back patently. I watch her as she opens the door and joins her mom in the front seat, giving her a forced smile. As her mom starts to drive away she looks back me and waves, sadly. Almost like she'll never see me again.

But you and I both know that's not true.

-
A/N
ahahahhahahahhahah