15

Finns pov

"Millie!! Where the fuck are you!"

We have been searching for hours, running through the woods, looking in every place we can think of. It had to be early morning by now and though anyone else would love nothing more than to call it a night, we couldn't do it. We knew we had to find her before someone else did.

"Finn we looked through literally every fucking cabin. No ones seen her" Caleb said from behind.

I turned around, facing Caleb and Sadie. They looked tired and just as stressed out.

"God...Damn it!!" I yelled, sinking down to my knees. I hadn't cried all night. I've been too busy looking for her to cry. I was too shocked by her sudden burst of anger too even process what had happen much less start running after her. I thought she would go back to her cabin but she didn't. She wasn't there.

"Gaten's still looking at the beac-"

"Finn what the fuck happened? Did you try to do something?" Sadie said interrupting Caleb. "Because god help me, if you tried to force he to do-".

"I didn't try anything, Sadie!" I shot my head up, towards Sadie and Caleb. I was now crying. "At least I didn't think it came across like that."

A couple of months ago I would have never let anyone seen me bawl my eyes out. No one, but now I didn't care. This fucking hurt.
Caleb crouched next to me.

"Finn...you're a good guy, but Millie...we think those guys-"

"I'm almost certain they did" I said, interrupting Caleb. He nodded.

"So...what did you do, Finn."

I pressed my lips together hard and shifted my eyes down. I wasn't going to be able to look him in the eye.

"Maybe I did go to far". I looked away. "We- It was after you left and we were making out. I mean we've made out before but like...I guess I shouldn't have started...going further."

I looked back at Caleb and was shocked to see he actually looked kind of angry at me. I know he thought of her as a sister and was protective but Millie was like my girlfriend...or something like that.

"Finn, I swear to go-".

"Oh Caleb give him a break! Lets start thinking about the important shit here! Like finding Millie!!" Sadie shouted. Caleb stood up and looked at her.

"You can give Finn the big brother talk later but right now we need to find Millie-"

"I did do something wrong...I did something terrible, awful" I said, interrupting Sadie.

They both looked down at me. It was true, this was all my fault.

"I may not have hurt Millie but...I let those guys hurt her. I let them make her feel so small and helpless...I let her think that even I would hurt her. She doesn't trust me. She thought I was going to-" I was crying hard now. I couldn't even finish my sentence because I was choking on my own tears. My insides ached and I could feel this pain in my chest that hurt more than anything. And the worse thing is the possibility that Millie is feeling the same pain. That she's hurting as bad as me.

"I couldn't protect her..." I said weakly. I was shaking and trying to control my breathing as best as I could. I looked up and noticed that Gaten was now standing above me too. They all had an expression that was a mix of surprise and sympathy.

Gaten was smoking a joint and I held my hand out, gesturing for him to hand it too me. He complied and I quickly put it in between my lips and took a long hit. My breathing was already all fucked from my recent breakdown and the smoke filling my lungs didn't help. I started coughing and my throat burned but I honestly didn't care. I went back for another hit.

"You guys got any booze?" I asked.

"Maybe we should find Millie sober, Finn" Sadie said.

Gaten held a hand out and I grabbed it, hopping up to my feet.

Caleb and Sadie started walking away.

"I have a flask" Gaten whispered to me.

I smiled at him.

"There you guys are!!"

I turned my head to see a short boy running fast towards us. Noah.

"What the fuck do you want?!" Gaten asked.

He stood before us and we all looked at him crossing our arms. He was still on our shit list. He didn't warn us about the plan Wyatt and Jack had and every time I saw him I wanted to smash his face in.

"No guys- Millie she's in the woods. She's crying- I mean she's alright just upset and tired. And drunk."

"Where?!" I said, already running in the direction he came from.

"Over by the creek! The one by the cafeteria!"

I knew exactly where that was. I was running fast, tears still coming out of my eyes but I ignored them. I ignored everything, even the pain inside that I still felt.

I eventually heard water rushing and with caution, walked down a small hill leading up to the creek.

"Millie?"

I ran down the side, observing my surroundings for any sign of her. She eventually came into my view and I ran fast to meet her. She was sitting by a tree, her head placed on her knees.

I came up to her and squatted down to her level.

"Millie?"

Her head rose up and looked at me. Her eyes widened.

"Finn...I'm so sorry."

She started crying and soon enough, I felt my own eyes start burning and filling with tears.

"Baby its okay. You didn't do anything wrong. Come here."

She opened her arms, falling around me and I gathered her into my grasp. She cried into my shoulder and I dug my head into her neck, holding her tightly.

"I know you weren't going to do anything I was just...mad. You're good Finn."

She leaned away from me, looking into my eyes.

"You would never hurt me."

I smiled at the comment but it quickly went away. Although Millie looking drunk, she also looked broken and hurt. There was something more to all of this. I wanted to make it better, make it all go away. I couldn't heal Millie, but I could punish two people who were to blame.

"Millie i'm gonna make this better...they- they are going to pay."

"What? What are you going to do?"

Her eyebrows furrowed and she looked confused. She was tired and upset and I didn't want to explain the plan right now. I needed to take her back so she could shower and go to bed. So I chose a vague but quick answer.

"Don't worry about it. Everything will be fine, that's all you need to know...those assholes are going to pay."