03

Finns pov

Millie eventually left after I continued to bombard her with questions about herself. She seamed really uncomfortable and self conscious the entire time. I was trying to get her to relax but she was so tense and didn't want to talk about herself. Even though it was like talking to a brick wall, I did learn a thing or two. I still wanted to know more. Not only did I want to know more, I wanted to see more. I wanted to see a relaxed Millie, a less up tight Millie. I just wanted her to be comfortable around me. Is that to much to ask?

Shortly after Millie left, Sadie and Caleb came back and woke Gaten up asking if he'd smoke them out. He shook his head at first but then the next thing I knew they were all laughing and acting like fools. I just sat back and watched the scene from afar. Being totally honest I wasn't really focused on the faded teenagers...I was focused on someone else.

Gaten eventually fell back asleep and Sadie and Caleb laid on his bed. At first I could tolerate the lovey dovey talk but then it got really annoying and I couldn't take it anymore.

"Hey could you two shut the fuck up" I said, calmly.

They ignored me and then, as if trying to piss me off more, they started kissing.

"Thanks. Really appreciate it" I said, turning away.

"Why don't you go take a walk or something" Caleb suggested, pulling away from the red head.

I was about to protest and shoot back a remark but then I realized I could give a certain someone a visit.

"Fine" I said, getting up and walking to the door.

"Be careful its dark!" Sadie shouted, as I walked out and shut the door.

The comment seemed totally useless because, yes, it was very obvious that it was dark outside. In fact it had been dark for a couple of hours now. I didn't think too much about it though, knowing Sadie's current state of mind. I shook my head and started walking behind our cabin, remembering Millie's comment earlier.

Her cabin eventually came into view. Assuming it was hers because there wasn't any others nearby. I noticed the lights were on which put some pep in my step now knowing she wasn't asleep. I was almost to the front door when suddenly it opened and a boy exited. He was holding some papers in his right arm and reading an open book in his left hand. I froze as he shut the door and looked up at me.

"Oh hi, uh are you here for Millie?" the boy asked.

"...Yeah" I replied.

"Oh okay...um well shes in there" the boy said, awkwardly.

I nodded my head as he started walking away from the door.

"By the way i'm Noah. And you are?"

"Finn...uh nice to meet you Noah" I replied.

He gave a small smile and walked past me.

I stared at him as he walked off wondering what relation he had to Millie. I turned around and again started walking up to the front door. I knocked wondering if she'd think I was Noah coming back because I forgot something.

She opened the door smiling but when I came into full view it seemed to fade a little. Maybe I could bring it back though.

"Hi Finn I wasn't expecting you" she said.

"I'm sure you weren't" I said, stepping in and looking down at the small girl.

"Uh...c-c-come in" she stuttered.

I smiled down at her and walked in. He room was exactly how I expected it to look. Books and drawings sprawled out everywhere. I turned and looked at her, biting my lip.

"Nice place you got here" I said.

"Yeah um. So whats up? Wheres Caleb and Sadie" she asked, sifting awkwardly.

"Sucking face" I said, turning back and continuing to walk around the room.

"Yeah you'll get used to it" she said.

"I'm sure I will" I said, smiling at her.

She then tensed up and started looking uncomfortable again. Shit maybe this was the problem. Maybe my attempt to flirt with her was making her so uncomfortable around me. I thought girls liked that though? Well that doesn't matter because this girl doesn't like it.

I stopped smiling and pressed my lips together,

"So...who's Noah?" I asked, not so confidently.

"Oh he's a friend" she said.

I nodded.

"We have the same taste in books and he's really smart and likes to help with things I struggle with in school. Kinda like a tutor" she said, smiling at the end. She looked less tense now. Good.

"...what kind of books do you like to read?" I asked, walking over to, what i'm guessing is her bed, and sitting down.

"Um...none you would probably like" she said.

"Try me" I said, looking up at her.

She grinned in a way I haven't seen. Like she was impressed by my sudden change in mood.

"Why are you here" she asked, still grinning.

"Those two were annoying the shit out of me and..." I said, shrugging my shoulders.

"And?" she asked.

"Thought maybe you could use some company" I said, causing her to giggle.

"And maybe...just maybe you can answer my questions?" I asked, playfully scrunching my face.

"Okay okay. You can stay but i'm not answering those dumb questions. If you're really trying to get to know me, you need to engage in an actual conversation" she said.

"What?! That's why I asked the questions in the first place" I said, defensively.

"Okay okay you have a point" she said giggling causing me to join her.

-

For the rest of the night we talked about all sorts of things. Things I didn't even think I cared about until she brought them up. We talked about family, school, friends, and even politics at one point. I liked talking to her which was weird because I didn't like talking to anyone. I much rather sit back and give sarcastic remarks. It was different with her though, I felt like she brought out a softer side of me and I wasn't sure if I liked it or not. I never really went for girls like her and I definitely didn't put my flirting on hold for the comfort one. But I did, I stopped being suggestive and flirty and she seemed to relax a bit. I eventually left after she started yawning and slurring her words. I went back and found that everyone was asleep and not kissing so maybe I could try and get some sleep. But I didn't, I couldn't sleep. My thoughts were racing and not just about the pretty book worm sleeping in the cabin behind mine. Actually. Being entirely honest though...they were mostly about her.