04

Millies pov

I woke up looking around the room curiously. I didn't know if Finn had left or not last night and lucky for me he had. I didn't remember him leaving but I remember dozing off while we were talking. I also faintly remember him laying a blanket over me before I finally fell asleep.

I pulled myself out of bed and did my usual morning routine. Once I was ready it finally hit me that Sadie had never came home last night. I know she was fine because she was with Caleb but it made me kind of upset. If she was going to spend all her time with Caleb this summer, who would I spend my time with?

I thought about going to breakfast but then I decided i'd skip it and draw instead. I'm sure the others wouldn't miss me too much. Being entirely honest, I did feel like the odd ball out. Sadie and I got along because she was the best of both worlds but Caleb and Gaten and Finn? They weren't like me...we didn't have much in common.

I began to feel real down until I started thinking about the conversations I had with Finn last night. I smiled remembering all the things we talked about. I was really tired so things were kinda fuzzy but I could make out important bits.

I had sat back down on my bed with my pencil in my hand and my notebook in my lap when I heard a knock at the door. I got up and started walking over when suddenly the door flew open. I was relived when I realized who it was.

"Um you...you look like shit" I said.

"...Thanks" Sadie said, with a smile.

She started walking towards the bathroom, running her fingers through her hair.

"Where's your boy toy?" I asked, sitting back down on my bed.

"My what- oh you mean Caleb. He's with Finn and Gaten. I think they went to smoke in the woods or something" she replied.

"Ah" I said, nodding my head.

She had gone in the bathroom for a minute and then poked her head out, hiding her body with the door.

"So how was hanging out with you know who" she asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Wha-what. How did you know? I thought you were too busy swallowing Caleb's tongue" I said.

"Caleb and I suggested that he should take a walk. He was gone for awhile so we thought he must've come here" she said, going back into the bathroom and shutting the door.

I shook my head and grabbed my notebook and began to draw. I had started to draw the spot that Sadie and I loved so much. Every summer I would sketch out the scenery and then look at the year before's to see how much better I had gotten at my skills.

Twenty minutes had passed before Sadie came out, fully clothed and hair dripping.

"I wanna go meet up with the boys...you're coming too" she said.

I looked up.

"Um why? Wouldn't I just be a buzz kill?" I asked.

"Oh please Millie, quit acting like you're some geek or loner. You're fun as hell and I know that you got a bit of a wild side to you" Sadie said, winking.

"So wild" I said, sarcastically and then looking back down to continue my sketch.

"Millie...lets have fun this summer and I'm not saying we don't have fun during the summer i'm just saying" she said, walking over and sitting down next to me.

"We should have you know fun fun. We aren't kids anymore" she added, looking at me.

I couldn't look at her back because I know what she meant even though it was entirely vague.

"I know Sadie" I said, resting my head on her shoulder.

She laid her head on mine and wrapped an arm around me.

"And don't think that you're lame or a buss kill because you're not. Just... relax Millie" she said.

I pulled my head up and looked at Sadie.

"Okay...I promise i'll just...go with the flow" I said, smiling.

"Yes go with the flow dude" she said, causing us to start laughing.

-

"Sadie do you know where the hell you're going?" I asked.

"Yes of course I do" she replied, turning back to me.

"We're almost there" she added.

I groaned. We had been walking for what seemed like forever. She had finished getting ready and convinced me to come with her to hang out with the boys. Little did I know we were going to have to walk a mile threw the woods.

"Oh hey guys!" Sadie shouted, causing me to look up from my feet.

I saw the boys. They were all sitting around on these huge rocks that were placed in a circle. Well Caleb and Finn were sitting, Gaten was laying on the ground.

"Hey baby" Caleb said, holding his arm out for Sadie.

She walked over and sat next to him leaning against his chest as he wrapped his arm around her. I couldn't help but smile at the adorable couple.

I then looked over to Finn who was already staring at me. He was smoking a cigarette and gesturing for me to come over. I thought cigarettes were disgusting and I really didn't want to sit next to him while he was smoking one but I found myself walking over to him. I sat down on the same rock but kept my distance.

"Here" he said, passing his cigarette to me.

"Um no thanks" I said, pushing his hand away.

"Oh and why not?" he asked, as he put it to his lips and inhaled. He looked at me for a second and the exhaled in my direction, blowing smoke in my face.

I started coughing and he took another drag before handing it back over to me.

"No...what the hell Finn?" I said, coughing.

"Come on you've already breathed it in. Just try it" he said.

I looked over at Sadie and Caleb for help, but they were making out so I looked back at Finn.

"Fine" I said, taking it from his hand.

He bit his lip as I took the cigarette from his hand. I shook my head at him as I put it in between my lips and inhaled. I immediately started coughing like crazy and Finn laughed and started patting my back.

"Take it easy" he said.

"Did I do it wrong?" I asked, still choking and gasping for air.

"No you've just never done it before so you're gonna feel like your lungs are on fire" Finn said, scooting closer and gently rubbing my arm.

"You should've told me that before" I said, finally catching my breath.

I looked over at him and noticed his mischievous grin.

"You know I was just starting to like you" I said, frowning.

"What? What'd I do?" he asked, dumbfounded but he knows what he did.

"You pressured me into doing that" I said.

"Are you serious? It took one comment. One comment! To get you to put that cancer stick to your pretty little lips. I didn't have to pressure you. You wanted to do it" he said, still grinning.

I looked down trying to ignore the comment. He was right I was kind of curious and it was entirely my choice.

"So what else are you gonna make me do?" I said, jokingly.

"Nothing because anything I suggest you'll want to do" he said, proudly.

"Really?" I questioned.

"Really".