fight

Hello, Darling Readers? Ready to read some Klance??? I am literally always ready to watch Klance, read Klance, draw Klance.... and now, write Klance?

Anyways thank you for coming to read this book. FYI SPOILERS....duh. If you did not read the description of this book listen up! If you did I still advise you to read to clarify anything.

This is set in between S2 ep 8-9. In this story, there are roughly less than 2 weeks in between those two episodes. This is not an AU story. It is still set in the Voltron Universe!

Please enjoy some good ol' Klance~
(Also thanks so much for the 50k views and 2.9k votes!)
----------------------------------------------

Shiro and Keith had just come back from making an alliance and Keith was beaten up pretty bad from all the soul searching he had had to do. He learned that he was half alien, more importantly, half Galra. He told Shiro not to tell anyone yet, Keith had to process it by himself for a while.

Keith walked down the hallway towards his room, when Lance turned the corner. They both turned at the same point, making them collide and fall on the floor.

Lance grimaced but still a playful tone in his voice, "Hey, I know you wanna smash me but you don't have to do it literally," rubbing his shoulder.

Wow, Keith thought. How wonderful, it's not like I am already hurt. "Shut it, will you?" Keith grunted.

"You're the one who turned and crashed into me!"

"Oh come on, that was totally you!" Keith cried out.

"What are you even talking about! I-" Lance was abruptly cut off by a glaring Shiro that walked up behind Keith.

Shiro sighed, "Keith wash up and go sleep, Lance we are talking with one of the leaders of our new alliance. You should go join the rest of them."

Lance's lips formed a smile while Keith's mood grew worse. "You're telling me that after all that crap I went through?!"'

"You should heal in one of the sleep pods, remember Keith, you don't need to take it all on at once, patience yields foc-"

"I KNOW," Keith said throwing up his hands. Keith takes a few deep breaths and turns his back to Shiro, "I'm-I'm just so tired of being patient Shiro." Keith's hand form fists and marched off to his room, where after taking a quick shower, hid from everyone for the rest of the night.

-----------------------

Lance sat down at the table where they are discussing plans for the taking down Zarkon. He tried to listen but instead is thinking of Keith's outburst. It was unlike Keith to yell at Shiro, no matter how mad he was. Lance brought his legs up on his chair so he could rest his head on his knees.

It's not my fault, right?

A pang of guilt shot through his heart. "I was just messing around," he muttered, rubbing his eyes.

Pidge turned to Lance, "mm? What did you say?"

"Oh, nothing... I'm just tired." He yawned, confirming his sleepy-ness.

"How about you sleep instead, Lance? You seem like you aren't listening and we will have to give you a recap anyway." Shiro replied. Lance slowly nodded and left the table.

-------------------------

Keith's head hit the pillow. His hair was still drying from his shower and his bangs tickled his ears. For the first time in a long time, he felt like sleeping, instead of training, or observing his knife. Maybe he'll even sleep without the dreams.

His mind wandered to his fight with Shiro and bumping into Lance. He should apologize to them. Actually, just Shiro, bumping into Lance was totally Lances fault.

His eyes close and quickly fell asleep, something he's not used to.

-------

Lance, fully dressed at 6:30 Am, stormed down the hallway and slammed his fist into Keith's door. "KEITH WHAT THE QIZNACK ARE YOU DOING???" Lance yelled.

Shiro ran up behind Lance, putting his hand his shoulder to calm him down. "Lance stop-"

Lance opened the door to find Keith sitting up shirtless and squinting at him. He pushed his hair out of his face with his hand and cocked his head to the side. Lance blinked and took a second to make sure he was seeing this right.

He turned his back to Keith, blushing slightly, "Put some clothes on!" Keith snapped awake.

"What are you doing here?" Keith said as he got out of bed.

"Well, YOU said you wanted to practice at 5:30 Am today! I woke up at 5:45 for this!" Lance shouted and turned around, only to see Keith stretching, still shirtless with gray sweatpants and his abs flexing. His abs weren't too prominent but still noticeable. "Gaaah!" He said turning back around, "I SAID PUT SOME CLOTHES ON."

"You've seen me shirtless in the elevator before idiot," he said matter of factly but still slipping on one of his many black shirts. "Okay, I have clothes on."

Lance turned around and walked right up to Keith sticking his finger in his chest, "Who didn't show up to practice on time?? It's-"

"You. The proper question would have been, Who didn't show up?" Keith said cutting him off.

"Hey!!! At least I came up," Lance said.

"Lance has a point," Shiro said, startling both of them who had forgotten he was there. "Too late now though, Hunk and Coran made breakfast. We'll have to wait until after breakfast," He sighed.

Lance left to eat breakfast, leaving Shiro and Keith alone. Keith thought that this is a good time to apologize since he can hardly ever get a moment alone, let alone a moment with Shiro.

"Hey, Shiro... I'm sorry for yelling at you yesterday."

"It's okay Keith, I know you just found out about your past. I'm sorry too, I thought it was better that you slept on it."

"Well," Keith started, "You were right. I also haven't slept better in months. I think it's just because I'm a step closer to learning who I am..."

Shiro smiled at Keith and he smiled back. "Well get dressed and come eat breakfast. We'll do some drills after," Shiro ruffled his hair teasingly and with that Shiro left and closed the door.

Keith reached up to touch his hair where Shiro had ruffled it. It gave him a feeling of butterflies and reminded him of siblings on TV shows. Shiro was the closest thing he had to family, but even at times, it didn't feel like enough. It sometimes felt distant, like ruffling his hair was just a small act without meaning to Shiro.

But for right now, the small gesture was all he needed and it's all he ever got.

------
Edit from the future: my writing skills for the first 3 chapters weren't as developed as the rest of the book is so please give it a try!