acceptance

HEY, GUYS! this chapter was delicately handed, to say the least. - also, i've been doing some maintenance on some of the chapters so I'm sorry if you thought they were updates D:

ALSO: This fan fiction just got to 900? That might not be a big deal you to guys but just knowing that people read this kinda just makes me smile... AND the last time I posted a chapter in the first 20 minutes 10 people had already read it... um cool!? anyways no more shitting around, read away~

:D

----

Alejandro paced around the room and Sophia stood there in deep thought.

Lance had thought they might be slightly mad at him being gone, but Alejandro's pacing made him think that it was more serious than expected.

He thought coming back would be a heartwarming family reunion. Not having Keith run after Dante- or 'JD', also when did that happen? What's with the new name? He thought his mom and dad would be here, that they'd understand. Instead, his own siblings were ganging up on him.

Alejandro opened the front door that Keith had previously closed. He walked out leaving Lance with a bitter taste in his mouth.

"Sophia?" Lance's voice felt rough and sounded like croaking.

She looked up, "Lance? What is it?"

"Please believe me."

"It just seems so... fictional Lance, like something you'd see in a book or TV show." She bit her lip.

"Sophia, remember the last thing I said to you before I left for the garrison?"

She shook her head slowly.

"I said, I love you to the moon and back." Tears pricked her eyes but Lance kept going, "I lied, I love you to the moon and beyond. And truly, I've seen the beyond and it's beautiful. It's not perfect and that's why I've been gone. I-We, my team and I are trying to fix that. Out there it's scary and I missed you guys but I had to."

Sophia made a noise, something between a squeak and a sob. Lance pulled her into his arms and held her.

"It-it-it's been so h, h, hard without you around," She choked. Her sobs made a tear fall from Lance's face.
"Dante, or now it-it's JD, he-he's is going through something right now and I-I can't seem to figure how to help him... and well Alejandro's kid was born Lance. He's named Mateo, you're an Uncle!" She said, trying to just up some excitement.

"What? Really?"

"Mateo Lance McClain."

"Lance?" He said slightly chuckling though by doing so, tasting the salty tears on his lips.

She hit him weakly on the shoulder, still buried in his arms.
"We thought you were dead idiot. We had to name something after you."

"I should die more often apparently, his next kid might be named Lance."

Sophia laughed quietly and pulled away from Lance.
"You can't leave like that ever again."

Lance knew what she was saying. She wanted him to never leave again. To stay with them.

"If you've been listening at all you know I'll have to leave soon. There are people I have to protect... and friends to need my help. But how about I meet this little Mateo."