hot

Keith had no mercy when it came to training. Lance had made the mistake of saying he'd never used a sword before, this clued Keith into realizing that Lance would never know how to use one. So not only was he learning how to use his own weapon, Keith was forcing him to learn to use a sword too.

Keith took a water break, after lecturing Lance about the importance of hydration when training. Keith had learned two things while teaching Lance.

1. Lance whines like a bitch when he's hungry

2. Lance is freaking hopeless when it comes to swordsmanship

It was hot in the training room, Keith didn't really understand why but he had to keep stripping to stay cool. First was his coat, then soon after his gloves (which were painful to take off due to the emotional attachment,) and his belt.

Keith decided he couldn't take the heat and had to rip off his gray shirt. He felt disgusting, it was plastered to his skin and drenched in sweat. Lance had been smart and wore light clothing, so he hadn't had to take anything off yet.

Keith took his shirt off and Lance noticed immediately. Lance stopped to stare for a moment, only to be kicked the stomach by one of the dummies he was fighting.

Focus on fighting Lance!

Keith poured water on his head, dripping off his hair and onto his chest.

This world is cruel.

Lance stopped the program before the dummy could hit him again. "PAUSE!" Lance shouted, gasping for air.

"Lance, are you okay?" Keith finally taking notice of him getting beat up over there. Lance was about to respond when Keith narrowed his eyes and sighed, "You're holding the freaking sword wrong, Lance."

Keith marched up to Lance and grabbed his sword. "Like this," Keith said, demonstrating his error and how to fix it. He handed it back to Lance, who made the same mistake again.

"No you're doing it wrong again, put your hand higher up."

"Like this?"

"No, no. Just um," Keith looked for a way to show him, "Give me that." He took the sword and looked at Lance. Keith moved up behind him, pressing his bare chest against Lance's covered back. He held the sword around Lance's body and showed him how to hold it.

"U-uh Keith, maybe not so c-close?" Lance stuttered. Keith ignored him completely and continued showing him the proper ways to hold it and swing.

When Keith spoke it was up against his ear, he could feel the vibrations of his voice, sending a shiver down his body, "You try."

Lance nervously took the sword from Keith's hands and mimicked what Keith was doing just a moment ago. "Good, that's perfect." Keith backed away from Lance and Lance finally started breathing again. "It is so hot in here, what is going on?" Keith asked.

"Yea it is....weirdly hot," Lance replied, as he noticed the temperature rising dramatically every few minutes. Lance tore his shirt off, it was too hot and he was also warm from Keith standing so close to him, not just from body heat. "Look let's just go and eat something I'm starving. It's already one."

---------

Lance took out some leftover green goo and put it onto plates. He put it down on the kitchen island and starting eating while standing up.

"Ughhhhhh, why don't we eat before training?" Lance complained. Keith stood on the other side of the island from Lance.

"We don't wanna get cramps," Keith sighed. "It's Coran's logic, I'm not sure why we followed it if he's not even here." Keith pushed his goo around on the plate.