old friend

Lance couldn't stop blushing. Let me show you my world????

How could something so simple be so hard to understand?

Keith had his way through the house, showing Lance everyone's room. It was the happiest Lance had ever seen him.

"This was Kevin and Kevin's room. They were dating. The whole name thing was cute for a while.."

Keith reached the top of the stairs to the last level and faltered.

"Keith-"

"Sh." Keith was focused and tried to listen for something. Lance had no idea what was going on until he heard it too. The creek of the floorboards.

Keith pulled out his glare blade and Lance suddenly grabbed Keith's wrist. He shook his head. Keith looked into Lances eyes, telling him not to do it. His hand clenched the blade until handing it to Lance.

He trusted him. He had to, they were part of a team. That didn't feel like the only reason though.

Lance looked at the blade. He'd never seen Keith let anyone else hold it before. It was lighter than he expected and he looked up to thank Keith but he was already sneaking up farther. Lance guessed that his room was up here because Keith hadn't shown him his yet.

He took a breath before quietly tiptoeing behind Keith. Another flood board creaked and Keith realized it was coming from his old room. Who would the hell be here? Keith door was open and he slid next to the wall that was next to the door and looked it.

Lance was completely on edge, and what scared him more was Keith walked right in laughing.

"Jordan!" Keith smiled at the familiar face. Lance peeked into the door and saw a blonde man with a blue and white hoodie and razor sharp eyes hidden behind some glasses.

The man looked at Keith, slightly scared by the sudden noise but his face lit up at the sight of Keith.
"Oh, my gosh, Keith what are you doing here?"

"Just visiting," Keith said excitedly. "What about you?"

"Well," Jordan began, "I actually own this house. It was in the will and I just finished college to be an accountant."

"Oh," The color left Keith's face. "That's great," he deadpanned.

Lance stepped in the doorway, "Keith, want to introduce me?" Keith looked at Lance and Lance could see the disappointment in his eyes.

"Uh yea, this is Jordan he was the oldest of the group who lived here."

Lance waved, "Hey, I'm Lance. Keith's buddy from the garrison."

"Garrison?" Jordan asked.

Lance's eyes widened, "Oh it's the space program for young adults. Keith and I joined when I was fifteen and he just turned sixteen."

Keith nodded absently. Jordan smiled, "Did you ever find a family for you? You had two years if you were sixteen at the time."

"No. Never did. This was the only place for me."

Jordan nodded, "I worried about you kid, I was going to try to find you in the system and have you live here if you didn't find that forever home. Garrison sounds nice though, what are you, a pilot?"

"Yea we both are pilots actually," Lance said.

"Ah, well. Keith it's been nice seeing you. I really must get going. The moving truck is coming in a month so we have to prepare for that."

Keith smiled uneasily, "Bye Jordan."

Jordan gave a swift nod and made his way out. As soon as Jordan was out of range of hearing them Lance grabbed Keith's shoulders,
"Keith are you alright?"