Day 23

Beginning of Day 23.
Loud bells began to chime in the town circle. By this point, everyone was accustomed to this. Every morning the same bells would chime. People began to wander from their houses, collecting in their respective spots of the circle. After the twenty-third ring sounded- signaling what day it was- everyone of the seventeen had collected around the center. Well, all but one of them.
"Where is Kenny?" It was Preston who spoke up, looking around the group in the center.
"Kenny? Oh no." It was now Rob who spoke, looking around the circle. Pete and Choco, who stood on either side of Kenny's respective spot, looked to each other and then continued into the house. The other townspeople looked around at each other, awaiting the inevitable. Minutes later, Kenny's body was being dragged out by his feet. Choco was walking behind the body, carrying Kenny's notebook.
Every person in the town had a notebook. Inside, they could write their will, any notes they thought to be important, and death letters if they were a murderer. The notebooks also allowed the differing positions to do elements of their job that would otherwise prove difficult. Therefore, Kenny's notebook could very easily lead to discover my of his murderer.
Choco carried the book with his up to the noose, standing upon the platform as he read out the words inside.
Final will- welp, if you're reading this I died. Took long enough, being a Survivor in this town is hard work. Either way, I'm glad I found an end to this all, I didn't like this town one bit.
Day 1- nothing really. The Tobi guy seems a little suspicious, but idk. He just seems too nice.
Day 2- the page lay blank. So did enough of the following pages that Choco showed the circle as he flipped through to the next page with anything of significance.
Day 19- Choco seemed very upset that Mat was killed. And seeing as he was a Mafioso, it makes you wonder.
Day 20- I was blackmailed today. It terrified me because it means I'm getting too close. I've got to watch what I say out loud.
Day 21- I barely survived last night. I used one of my vests- thank goodness. I don't know who attacked me, but I barely survived.
Day 22- I used my last vest last night. And I was attacked again. I don't know who this is, but I'm terrified. I'm definitely going to get killed tonight. I suppose this is goodbye. One last thing though: Choco is definitely Mafia. That's why I've been attacked. He's been attacking me
Death letter- You better not shout, You better not cry, You better not pout, I'm telling you why. The mafia is killing this town. Much love! xx
The circle was filled with an uproar of speech at once. Choco quickly rushed back to his place, dropping Kenny's book along the way. Everyone was looking towards Choco suspiciously, and the boy was becoming nervous.
"Kenny's notebook said-"
"I'm trusting Kenny-"
"-hang Choco!"
"I didn't attack Kenny! I'm not even Mafia! Come on guys, I never did anything wrong! I'm obviously being framed!" Choco pleads were lost within a crowd of people. Pete and JJ, who now stood on either side of Choco, dragged him up to the noose. "Come on Petey! I didn't kill him, I didn't! I've stayed home each night, I swear!"
"I'm sorry Choco, but the Town has spoken." Choco's head was strung through the rope, standing atop of the chair below the gallows. "Choco, would you state your final arguments?"
"I have been staying home every night. There's no way I could have hurt Kenny. Please, don't kill me."
"Now we shall go for a vote. All close your eyes. To those who think that Choco should hang, raise your hands." Pete counted as eight hands were raised into the air. "Hands down please. Open your eyes everyone. Eight voted guilty, therefore you are to be hung. Any final words?"
"Blessed be the Mafia." With those words, the chair was kicked out from beneath his feet and his final straggling breaths echoed throughout the circle. JJ pulled his notebook out of his pocket, opening it to read aloud.
Final will- Now that the Godfather has passed, the next godfather will take my place. I wish them well, and I hope they rid this town of all of you.
Day 1- his notebook was full of listed names, each with a differing role before them. With further examination, the names listed after the role for each day were killed the following night. It was the Mafia's hit list. JJ read through to the last page.
Day 22- Blackmailer: Tobi; Consort: Josh; Mafioso #1: Preston; Mafioso #2: Kenny
Judging eyes were pointed to Preston. Questions were quickly spewed towards the poor boy.
"You were attacked-"
"How did you live-"
"-must be a Killer!"
"No no no! Have you all forgotten? I'm the Doctor you cactuses! I self-healed last night. I had a horrible feeling before going to bed and so when I was shot last night I was able to help myself. Don't believe me? Look!" His sleeve was lifted to show a gunshot wound through his arm. Wrapped haphazardly in bandages, you could tell it was a quick job. They all turned to Josh next.
"Yes, I was blocked last night. I do not know how to prove it to you, you'll just have to believe me here." Josh's words were believed as true and eyes turned to Tobi.
"Tobi? Can you speak?" The boy looked around nervously and shook his head no. Murmurs filled the circle again as JJ dropped Choco's notebook atop of Kenny's.
It was still unknown to them now, but somehow every night the noose would be cleared and the dropped notebooks would be destroyed. They didn't question it; they accepted it as a blessing.
JJ and Pete returned to their previous positions, Vik suddenly speaking up.
"Does anyone else want to bring anything up to the group?" Eyes glanced between each other, questioning each person.
"I suppose so." Lachlan took a single step forward before looking to the targeted subject. "I jailed Ethan last night, he seems to be clear. I wasn't killed when I released him and he seemed very genuine with his answers. He's definitely Town, I'm confident of that." The spoken of boy smiled gladly at the blond. Rumors had been circling around him that perhaps he was a Killer, and hopefully this would clear his name.
"Not to mention I was doused last night, accounting for Arsonist, and we know where the Mafia all were." Harry spoke. The group all nodded along.
"Surely there's still gotta be other killings though? There's no way we're down to Mafia and Arsonist only. There's that Serial Killer too, isn't there?" Mitch's point brought along the circle a sort of uneasiness.
"Well yes, but if Ethan was the Serial Killer he would've-" Lachlan was cut short.
The town chimes began to toll once again, twenty-three rings, before the circle was aware of the approaching night.
"Well then, that's all for today. Good night everyone, and I hope to see you all in the morning."
End of Day 23.
Characters (dead characters' roles will be filled in):
Vik-
Lachlan-
Mitch-
Jerome-
Preston-
Rob-
Pete-
Kenny- Survivor
Choco- Godfather (now replaced)
JJ-
Lux-
Freezy-
Ethan-
Simon-
Tobi-
Josh-
Harry-