Day 25

Beginning of Day 25.

Twenty-fives times the bell tolled that morning, awaking the ten citizens left alive. They slowly worked their way out of their houses, looking around at everyone else. Two more had died since the last day, eyes settling on the newly empty spots. Vik and Jerome look towards each other, realizing they would be responsible for dragging out both of the bodies. The two begin to move towards Lachlan's house first, dragging out the corpse. One look at the body and anyone could recognize what killed him: Jester's haunt. Those who voted guilty on Rob and lived all sigh out in relief in their heads, glad it hadn't been them. Lachlan's body was rested below the gallows, Jerome grabbing out his notebook. He flipped open the book, beginning by reading his Final Will.

Final Will- I helped to protect you. I kept you safe. I thought you would respect me, but I guess someone didn't.

The pages were filled with old names and notes, listing off possible roles and such. Only two recent names stood out on the page.

Night 23- Freezy> claims Vig, acts like a Vig
Night 24- Josh> stayed silent, staring blankly at wall

Eyes look at Josh with interest, the boy looking down with a face full of worry.

"I'm sorry, I panicked and blanked out. I only came to when the Jester haunt started and it was awful! I'm honestly a little terrified still." The words flowed out smoothly, the emotions seeming pure. The town accepted this, and moved on to look towards Freezy. They had all suspected he was a Vigilante, but never had evidence. The tall man shrugged, not knowing what they expected of him.

"Well if you're asking, yes I am a Vigilante." Freezy's words held a sense of pride and cockiness to them, allowing the town to all approve of his claim. He must've been a Vigliante to behave in such a fashion, they were sure. Mitch's body is dragged out next, Pete instantly looking away. He begins to shake noticeably, tugging anxiously at his beanie and gloves. He releases out a sharp cry before they can read the will, collapsing to the ground. All eyes dart to him, including Vik's who were previously trained on the pages within. Pete quickly speaks out in gasping breaths, trying to say anything through his sobs.

"I was possessed last night and forced to kill him. Oh, I swear I didn't want to do it. Please, you have to believe me." Pete's words earn worried glances throughout the town- they had forgotten about the Witch.

"He's obviously lying. We just gotta lynch him now." Jerome's words gained even more looks, the town all glancing around nervously.

"No hanging is being done until I read this notebook. And this will not be read until someone can quiet down Pete." Vik's words were sharp, forceful. Jerome glared at the shorter boy, but allowed him this much.

Freezy slowly walks himself over to Pete, seeing as he was the closest. He crouched down beside the crumpled figure, patting his back uncomfortably. Pete simply continues to mumble out apology after apology, Freezy eventually just signalling for Vik to go on. Vik begins to read out the words, no one noticing Jerome's guilty looks towards the ground.

Final Will- I have failed my pure and true Godfather. I wish for their forgiveness, and I hope they rid this town of all of you.

The rest of the notebook listed off night numbers with names, ones that proved it was indeed the Blackmailer who had been killed. Vik purposely ignored the Death Note sat in the back for a moment, instead locking his eyes onto Pete's hysteric form.

"Weren't you listening, Pete? You've at least killed a member of the Mafia. You need to cheer up and stop crying over nothing." The brunet's body immediately seizes, all movements halting with Vik's words. Freezy looks down worried, Vik simply smiling to himself. "See? That's how you calm a boy in hysterics."

"Oh really? Or is that the way you control your subjects?" Vik turned to Jerome, looking at him in shock.

"What is that meant to suggest?" Jerome glared deeply into Vik's eyes, pointing an unrelenting finger towards Mitch's notebook.

"You purposely didn't read the obvious Mafia Death Note you made Pete plant when he killed Mitch, you must be the Witch!" Worried looks were exchanged by everyone else around the circle, Pete finally able to lift his head up to watch on.

"How did you know it was Mafia, exactly?" Vik's words were bitter, stinging into the hearts of all who heard. The shortest boy seemed to have a certain burn to all he spoke, a certain strength only few could explain.

"I can read over your shoulder; you're not exactly very tall." Vik opened his mouth to begin shouting at Jerome, but he was cut off by another voice joining their dispute.

"Were you not the one who just claimed Pete must be lying? And now you believe him?" Simon's words caused Jerome to pause for a moment, thinking over his next words carefully. He needed to watch out making himself suspicious to the town.

"Time helped to calm my panic. Now I realize it must've been a witch, seeing as that's quite an act to be putting on." He pointed towards Pete who had a bright red face and was slowly recollecting his breathing. Freezy had finally stood up from his spot beside the boy when he noticed the town's attention.

"I think you're just trying to turn attention away from your guilt here, Jerome." Simon's words seemed to click in everyone's minds- of course! It would make sense that someone guilty would automatically point the blame toward anyone they could.

"How dare you-!" Jerome's advance in the direction of the blond was stopped by Preston, standing in his path.

"Calm down now, there's no need to-" Preston was met by a man much angrier than he had planned for, needing to take a step back to avoid being swung at.

"Oh don't think you're all innocent here, Mister I'm-the-doctor!" Jerome clenched his fists at his sides, one moving up to wave about at Preston.

"What does that mean? I am the doctor!" Preston was absolutely confused on why no one seemed to believe him. Had he not done enough for this town already?

"Then remind me again how you knew Rob was Jester?" Preston groaned- this mess again. He really wished he hadn't said anything now; it's not like he saved anyone doing so.

"As I said yesterday, I went to Rob's house to heal him and noticed his house was lacking character. That's typically a sign of Jester, but I was unsure until Harry's report." Preston repeated out the events monotonously, earning a growl from Jerome.

"A likely story from a killer." Preston went to defend himself further, but someone else had beaten him to it.

"He actually is doctor. He saved me last night from the Serial Killer." Harry now spoke up, making sure to speak before Preston could again. Preston spun towards Harry, a thankful smile on his lips. It was quickly erased as Jerome shoved him back.

"How are you so sure it was Preston?" Jerome's question seemed absolutely ridiculous to Harry, earning a scoff before his answer.

"How am I sure? What, are my two eyes not good enough-" Harry's angry words were cut off by the tolling of bells, another twenty-five times to be exact. Harry stepped back to his place, Vik soon returning to his after dropping Mitch's notebook. Preston had to pick himself up from his place on the ground, dusting off his outfit. Pete stood up straight now, ignoring his tear-stricken cheeks. Following the last bell, Freezy decided to speak up their final greetings.

"That will end our time for today. Good night everyone, and I hope you will make it until morning." Freezy's words seemed to echo in everyone's minds as they slowly dragged back to their small houses. They all knew they weren't truthful.

End of Day 25.

Characters (dead characters' roles will be filled in):
Vik-
Lachlan- Jailer
Mitch- Blackmailer
Jerome-
Preston-
Rob- Jester
Pete- 
Kenny- Survivor
Choco- Godfather (now replaced)
JJ- Veteran
Lux- Lookout
Freezy- 
Ethan- 
Simon- 
Tobi- 
Josh- 
Harry-