June 18, 2017

Lauren's POV

Lauren awoke in a sweat.

"Why does this keep happening to me? Why can't I just stop thinking about her?" She thought to herself in frustration as she slipped out from under her covers and grabbed her towel to have another 3 am shower. For the past 6 weeks she was waking in the middle of the night having dreams about Camila and all the memories they shared, and every time, she was drenched in sweat. She didn't quit understand why this was happening. Camila was gone, she had been gone but Lauren's body refused to let the young brunette slip away.

The water felt good on Lauren's back. She tilted her head back and slowly ran her fingers through her hair as the memories continued to flood her thoughts. Tears slowly started to fall and then gained speed as a particular memory washed through her head.

-Flashback-

Lauren heard a knock at her door. "It's 1:30 in the morning, who could that be?" she asked her self as she rolled out of bed, setting her book on the bedside table. When she couldn't sleep, Lauren would read to take her mind off of reality. When she got to the door and opened it, she was shocked at who it was.

It had been 3 weeks since her and Camila had last talked alone. And only God knows how long since they had done so past 1 am. "Hey.." Camila said, sadness evident in her voice. It wasn't until Camila lifted her head slightly to look a Lauren that the older girl noticed how puffy and red her eyes were. "Camz?" she asked quizzically, moving closer to the smaller girl. They hadn't had much physical contact in the last few months do to tension among the group, but they all still genuinely loved each other.

Camila let Lauren pull her into a hug. She didn't hug her back, but she didn't deny that is was the best feeling in the world to be in Lauren's arms. They stayed in there embrace for a while, Camila's arms still at her sides while Lauren held her and stroked her back with her left hand. "Camz, come in. We can talk okay?" Lauren wasn't sure why Camila was at her door. She wasn't sure Camila knew why either. They were always closer to each other than the other girls when it came to certain things and Lauren knew Camila would have gone to Dinah if it was something she could talk to her about. Dinah and Camila were still perfectly fine. Lauren and Camila on the other hand always had something tugging at their friendship.

Camila slowly took a few steps forward, just enough for Lauren to be able to close the door, but that was as far as she went. Lauren tried to get her to sit on the bed, the couch, or even the floor and lean up against the door, but Camila remained still with her head down, tears beginning to once again fall from her beautiful brown eyes. The sight tugged at Lauren's heart, she hated seeing Camila like this.

"Camz, talk to me..." Lauren pleaded as she began to stroke Camila's right arm lightly with her hand. Camila felt the skin on her arm immediately begin to burn at Lauren's touch, but it was a good burn. Slowly, Camila lifted her head and looked blankly into Lauren's eyes. What she saw took her aback. Lauren looked... sad?... Camila had never seen this look in her eyes. She thought she knew every aspect of those perfect orbs but this look was throwing her off. She didn't know how Lauren felt in this moment. Was she mad? Concerned? Sad? Camila didn't know and it was scaring her.

"What are you thinking?" The younger one asked, wanting to understand this new side to the wondrous galaxy that was the eyes of Miss Lauren Jauregui. The question threw Lauren off and for just a second, Camila knew what she was thinking. Then, in a matter of a second, Lauren's eyes went back to the unknown. "Um... I... I... I'm confused." Lauren stuttered, still taken aback by Camila's sudden urge to talk, but about Lauren's thoughts instead of her own. Camila studied Lauren, taking in all of her beauty. Camila always knew she felt something for Lauren, and that was why tonight was particularly hard on her. "Please Laur, what are you thinking?" She asked again, this time less confident and a bit weak as if her vocal chords would run away and never return.