July 3rd

Just wanted to take a second to thank you guys for 1.3k reads! It may not seem like a lot but I still get excited over my stories getting noticed and shit. Also, Happy Birthday to my girl Camila Cabello. I can't believe she is already 20... Time flies.

Brianna

-----------------
Lauren's POV

Lauren was relaxing on the couch reading when she heard Camila come in. Though it wasn't "official" Lauren pretty much lived at Camila's. She was even given a key just a few days ago. She could smell the pizza that the younger girl had brought back with her after hanging out with her sister Sofi for the day. "How was your day with Sof?" Lauren asked, closing her book and standing up from the couch.

Lauren walked up behind Camila and grabbed her by the waist. She felt the younger one tense up at the contact. "You okay?.." Lauren asked, letting go of Camila but staying uncomfortably close. Camila spun around and the look in her eyes scared Lauren. "No.." Camila spat, walking away from the older girl. Lauren was caught off guard by Camila's demeanor. Naturally, she followed the younger girl. Camila walked right past the couch into her bedroom. Right when she was about to close the door, Lauren threw her hand forward keeping it from closing.

"Move your hand." The younger girl's voice was harsh and lacked it's normal chipper tone that Lauren loved. Instead, it was almost as if Camila was taken over by some dark force. "I said, move your fucking hand!" Camila spat when Lauren didn't obey her the first time. Instead of listening, Lauren pushed through the door, now angry at the younger girl. "Don't speak to me like that, I haven't done shit to you." Lauren spat back, crossing her arms and sitting on the end of the bed.

Camila didn't move from where she was standing at the door. She refused to make any type of eye contact with Lauren which infuriated the older girl. "Talk to me Camz." Lauren pleaded, uncrossing her arms. Still, Camila didn't move. She didn't move when Lauren walked up to her and took her hands in her own. She didn't move when Lauren took her into a tight embrace. It wasn't until Lauren tried to speak again that Camila lost it. "Camz, please talk to me."

Camila snapped back into reality and shoved Lauren off of her. She so badly wanted to cry but kept a stern exterior. "Get the hell out." Lauren immediately became shocked and confused. she tried to open her mouth to speak but Camila beet her to it. "Get the hell out. You have lied to me this entire time. You told me... You know what, I don't have to explain myself, get the hell out!" Her last words shot Lauren in the heart. What had she lied about? What had she done? She wanted so badly to ask these questions but her mouth wouldn't work. It was as if her mouth wasn't working with the rest of her body, no matter how badly she wanted to speak.

She found herself walking towards the door without any of her things. Just as she was about to step out of the apartment, Lauren broke from her trance, or whatever it was that was keeping her from talking. She stopped in her tracks and spun around. Camila was following behind her and almost ran into her. "What the hell do..." Camila was cut off by Lauren's lips crashing into hers. Camila began to kiss her back until she shot back to reality. Once again, she shoved Lauren off of her. This time, not saying anything, it wasn't necessary. Lauren knew Camila's eyes like her favorite book, she knew she was not longer wanted. Defeated, Lauren left Camila's apartment, only daring to cry when she was finally in a cab to wherever.

---------------

Later that day: Las Angeles, California 8:05 pm

Lauren was back in the studio with the other girls. This time, she turned her phone off before entering the studio to avoid distractions. She had been in California for the past day and a half. They had to come in early due to Lauren's sudden outburst last time. Normally they didn't meet so close to the beginning of the month but they were on crunch time. They would be meeting twice this month to work out everything before deadlines were due. Dinah was in the booth touching up her solo's when the studio phone rang.

"I'll answer it." Ally informed everyone. Dinah and the producers continued on until. Ally had walked out into the hall and when she came back, she signaled everyone to stop. "Guys, we have to stop. Lauren, you need to take this." Everyone looked at Ally with a confused look, but they all silently agreed to take a break. Dinah took off her headphones and exited the booth. Lauren stepped out and took the phone from Ally.

"Hello?" Lauren asked into the phone. "Babe..?" Lauren heard Camila whisper into the phone. Her heart began to flutter like it always did when Camila called her that. "Hey, it's me. What's up?" For a second there was silence on the other end of the line and then Lauren could hear small cries escape Camila's mouth. "Camz, what's wrong?" Lauren began to grow concerned, endless possibilities running through her mind. "I.... I..." Lauren could hear Camila beginning to panic and so badly wanted to hold her. Camila's breathing quickened and Lauren knew then that she was having a panic attack. They weren't very common unless the younger girl was in a public setting or under a lot of stress.

"Babe, where are you?" Lauren asked as calmly as she could. She heard someone knock on what she assumed was a door and yell something along the lines of "Hurry up." Camila just yelled for them to hold on. Lauren could hear her struggling to breath. "Camz, I need you to take a deep breath for me. Just close your eyes and listen to my voice. You're okay. Just breath in and out slowly. When you are able, walk over to the door. I don't know where you are but you need to leave, even if it's your own apartment. Just go outside and take a minute to calm down." Camila didn't say a word. She did exactly as Lauren instructed. After about 10 minutes of silence Camila finally spoke. "Thank... Thank you." She stuttered. Lauren smiled on the other line, thankful that Camila followed her instructions and was now able to talk. "You're welcome princess."

They stayed on the line and Lauren learned that Camila was at a party for Taylor's new album. It was only 10 miles from her apartment due to Taylor's promotion in Miami. Being the good friend she is, Camila agreed to go. But upon running into a certain someone not even an hour into the party, Camila found it hard to breath. She trapped herself in the bathroom and called Lauren. While Camila spoke, Lauren peeped her head into the studio and asked for her phone. She turned it on and booked the next flight back home. It was 3 hours away so she could finish up in the studio and head home. Luck for her, they weren't going to be in the studio the next day.

Lauren kept this information to herself knowing that if she told Camila, she would just tell Lauren to stay there, even though there was no reason to.

-------------

It was 10:30 in LA and Lauren just so badly wanted to be on her plane already. She still had 45 minuted until she was supposed to board. Out of habit, Lauren threw in her headphones and scrolled through her photos. She had a folder just for her and Camila. She smiled as she came across a really old picture of her and Camila. It was one of her favorites.

Lauren found herself getting lost in her photos as memories flooded her head

Lauren found herself getting lost in her photos as memories flooded her head. It wasn't until final call to board her plan that Lauren realized everyone around her was gone. She frantically grabbed her carry on, double checking she grabbed everything before practically running to board her flight. On the flight back home, Lauren wrote in her journal, mostly about Camila and how much she loved her. She wrote a poem about love, and she even wrote some song lyrics. With 2 hours left to go after her stop in Texas for a switch of flight, Lauren found herself dozing off. She awoke to the feeling of the plane landing.

She quickly gathered her things and left the plane. She waited for her suitcase to drop, still kicking herself for packing so much when she only ever planned staying 2 nights. When she found her bag, Lauren quickly called a cab service, not wanting to waist anymore time. It was 1:46 am when Lauren arrived at Camila's apartment building. She left the cab driver a $20 tip and headed inside.

She approached the apartment door and searched her pockets for her keys. Finally locating them in her bag, Lauren opened the door and stepped in.