Raphael Santiago - "I've seen the way you look at me."

You stared at the handsome vampire once more and took a deep breath. Your nails were almost piercing the palm of your hand, but the longer you waited, the worse it would get. At least, that was the excuse you used to make sure you wouldn't back down. Again.

"(Y/N)? Is everything alright?" Raphael curled his lips up into a smile, revealing his bright and perfectly white teeth. He looked handsome as always, wearing one of his dark black suits.

"Yes, I'm great, thanks..." You licked your lips. Why did you even think that telling him was a good idea? Why did you even believe that you stood a chance? Why did you even assume that you were the first one to tell him this?

"What brought you here then?" Raphael cocked his head slightly and for a moment you forgot how to talk and how to breath. "Well?" Raphael raised his eyebrows and you felt your cheeks coloring.

"I wanted to tell you something..." You bent your head and avoided his glance. Your hands were sweating and you folded them behind your back. "Do you have time to talk to me right now?"

Raphael frowned his eyebrows slightly, but then he nodded. "I..." You paused after the first word and took a deep breath, gathering all the courage you could find. "I think I'm in love with you." You closed your eyes, too afraid to see the look on his face after you let those words out.

"I already knew that." Raphael spoke softly and your eyes flashed open again.

"You did?" You swallowed.

His face was almost unreachable, but his lips eventually curled up into a smile. "I've seen the way you look at me when you think I don't notice." He let the words sink in for a moment. "I'm alive for many years now. I know when someone is in love with me."

You were certain that your cheeks were now hot enough to fry an egg on and you shifted your weight from one leg to the other. "I hope it won't change things between us." You let out a deep sigh, but Raphael now smiled a bright smile.

"O, but I do hope it will change things between us." He curled his hand around your neck and stepped closer towards you. "I hope it will change everything between us." He spoke softly. His lips were barely a few inches away from yours. "You're lucky." He pressed his forehead to yours. "Because I looked at you like that too." He closed his eyes and his lips touched yours for a brief second. "You just didn't notice."

You closed your eyes too and you wrapped your arms around his waist while you enjoyed the rush of adrenaline racing through your veins while he kissed you, while you kissed him back. "I still have a lot to learn when it comes to being an observing magician." You spoke softly before you kissed him again.

"You do, but we have centuries of time to do so."