Raphael Santiago - "I am not wearing that costume"

You stared at your reflection in the mirror. Pale white makeup was covering your entire face with traces of black here and there. Not one hair was out of place and while smiling a bright smile you added the finishing touch.

"(Y/N)?" Raphael walked into your room, but he froze as soon as he saw you. "I was not aware that tonight's party was a costume party." He cleared his throat and he cocked his head. "I might have to get used to your outfit."

You turned around and raised your eyebrows. "We're going to a party thrown by my drama club. What did you expect?" You shrugged your shoulders. "It would be kinda boring if we would all come as ourselves. I think I wouldn't even recognize half of my friends if they'd come as themselves. I don't think they'd recognise me either." You grinned. "I've got something for you too." You pointed at a bundle of clothes on the bed.

With slow steps Raphael walked towards it and while he squeezed his eyes he lifted the fabric up. "I am not wearing this costume." He shook his head and put the clothes down again. "I agreed to accompany you. I did not agree to wearing something I would never wear."

You rolled your eyes and took a deep breath. "By agreeing to come with me you basically agreed to dress up. Trust me, you're gonna stand out a lot more if you're not wearing a costume." You let your eyes wander over him. "And to be honest, I'd love to see you wearing something else than a suit." You grabbed his outfit again and pressed it into his hands. "Come on, get dressed. I promise you won't regret it!"

"If you truly believe I won't regret this, you don't know me that well." Raphael kept protesting, but with the bundle of clothes in his arms he disappeared into the bathroom.

A few long moments passed.

You counted the seconds, the minutes. You sat down on the bed, stood up again and walked back and forth through your bedroom. "Raphael?" Eventually you knocked on the bathroom door and pressed your ear to the wood. "What's taking you this long?"

Slowly the door of the bathroom opened. "Are you certain you gave me the entire costume?" Raphael only showed his head.

"Yes, I gave you the entire costume." You pulled the door open and you widened your eyes when you stared at him, looking totally differently all of a sudden.

"Where's my pants?" Raphael cocked his head and he locked his glance with yours. "I understand that this costume is meant to represent a certain period in the history of our world, but I will not leave this house without pants."

You held your hand in front of your mouth and tried to keep yourself from laughing out loud. "Maybe..." You shook your head and had to admit that it was weird to see Raphael like this. "Maybe you should indeed go as yourself."

"Like I already said." Raphael rolled his eyes and he pressed a soft kiss on the tip of your nose.

"I'm sorry. I just wanted to see what you'd look like." You avoided his glance and stared at the ground beneath your feet. "I couldn't know it would look this bad."

"It's alright, I'm simply glad and relieved you don't like it."