Raphael Santiago - "Take my jacket, it's cold outside"

Drops of rain were rolling down the window. Flashes of lightning brightened the sky once every few minutes. The sound of thunder overpowered the soft music playing in the background.

You couldn't remember the last time you had seen an old turntable, but you had to admit that what they said was true. You had never heard jazz music sounding as beautifully as it sounded right now.

"Would you like to stay tonight?" Raphael cocked his head while his hand played with his wine glass. His other arm was draped around your shoulders and he smiled a lazy smile when you looked up at him.

"I wish I could..." You licked your lips. You had learned to ignore the smell of blood. Just like you had learned that Raphael Santiago was truly the gentleman he had pretended to be when you had first met him. "My mom kills me when I don't come home. She's not as fond of you as I am, I'm afraid." You took a deep breath. "Not that I'm looking forward to end up soaked, but that's a different story."

"I'm sorry that I'm not a warlock, love." Raphael spoke softly, his voice barely a whisper and his finger played with a strand of your hair. "I could have portaled you home."

"Don't be sorry about not being a warlock." You pushed yourself up a little and placed your hand on his chest. "You're amazing just the way you are. You don't have to be another species, you don't need to be another gender, you don't need to have a different sexuality. You are who you are and I love you because of that."

"Sometimes I wonder how I ended up deserving you." Raphael stood up from his seat and held out his hand to help you to stand up too. "How someone like you can see me in such a different light as the rest of the world."

You smiled and your cheeks started to blush. "You, Raphael Santiago, deserve the world and even more." You cocked your head and the back of your hand touched his cheek. "It's a pity that's something I can't give you." The smile on your face faded, but Raphael cupped your face and pressed a soft kiss to your lips.

"You are my world and by giving me you you give me all I'll ever need." He stepped back again and for a long moment the two of you just stared at each other.

The clock was however ticking, the hands slowly moving closer and closer towards your curfew.

"I'm sorry that I can't stay for the night." You shrugged your shoulders and stepped back.

"There is no need to feel sorry for me. I just wanted to offer you a warm bed instead of the cold rain." Raphael smiled at you and you couldn't help smiling back. "I will bring you home, if you don't mind and here, take my jacket, it's cold outside." He grabbed one of his expensive, but warm, jackets and helped you to put it on.

"Thanks, but you don't need to go through the rain just to bring me home." You shook your head, but Raphael already opened the door and he placed a hand on your lower back while he guided you outside.

"There is no chance of me letting you travel home on your own when the weather is like this."