Raphael Santiago - "You are my sunshine"

"Don't you miss it sometimes?" You took a deep breath while you turned your head towards the vampire next to you. "The sun warming your face while you walk through the park? Watching the sunset on the beach? Watching the sunrise in the forest?"

"I do, actually." Raphael nodded. He had his legs crossed, his ankle resting on his knee. His lips curled up onto a smile and his arm was resting loosely behind your back. "Although I don't complain about my life, there are moments I hate the dark."

You licked your lips and squeezed your eyes a little. You still couldn't believe that you had managed to run into a vampire, a real vampire, not the kind of vampire that glimmered in the sun, but the kind of vampire that couldn't go anywhere during the day.

"But, you are my sunshine now." Raphael spoke softly and he grabbed your hand, his fingers rubbing your knuckles.

Your cheeks heated up a little and you turned your head away to avoid his glance. "I can be a lot, but I don't think I can be the sun." You giggled, shifting your weight a little. "Especially not for a vampire who hasn't seen the sun in a very very long time."

Raphael took a deep breath and for a moment the two of you just sat there in silence. His fingers kept on rubbing your hand though and after a few minutes Raphael looked up and cleared his throat. "I tried my best to not feel anything for you." He cocked his head a little. "Guess what? I failed." He waited until your glance met his before he continued. "I don't mind that you're human. I don't mind that we probably won't have an endless future together. I just know that you make me happy, that you make me smile, no matter how hard my day has been and no matter what a chaos the outside world is."

You held your breath and your eyes widened. "Can I say something strange?" You paused for a moment and bit your lip. "I know that technically you're dead, but somehow I feel like I've been dead for all those years too and now I have you, now I finally start to feel alive."

"If anything in the world was possible and if money wouldn't be an issue, what would you like to do? Where would you like to go? Which dreams would you want to come true?" Raphael whispered and he now wrapped his arm around your shoulder, pulling you a little closer towards him.

"I don't even know where to start." You leaned back and you felt his chest against your back. "I would love to walk through Paris with you. I would love to share our italian ice in Rome. I'd want to borrow your water bottle while we're exploring the pyramids in Egypt. I'd love to visit the Chinese wall, knowing that even though I will never be able to walk from beginning to end we would still try and would not run out of subjects to talk about..." You felt your heart beating in your chest when you paused.

"Then you shall have it. All of it."