Raphael Santiago - "You can't banish me, this is my bed too!"

You woke up when you felt a pair of soft lips kissing your forehead. A smile spread across your face while you opened your eyes and even though you still felt slightly sleepy, which wasn't that much of a surprise since it was most likely only very early in the morning, you were glad that Raphael still woke you up when he was home again, even though you knew by now that you had nothing to worry about..

"I hope you were having some nice dreams?" Raphael locked his glance with yours and he sat down on the edge of the bed. "I'm happy to see that you are sleeping better these days." The back of his hand touched your cheek and he smiled when he kissed your lips. "Would you mind me joining you for the last couple of hours of the night?"

Your smile brightened. Of course you wouldn't mind, but even though you gave him the same answer night after night, Raphael kept on asking for your permission, night after night. "I was actually thinking about keeping the bed for myself tonight." You teased him a little and to prove your point you fully stretched out your legs and claimed the pillow on his side of the bed. "I believe there is an extra blanket in the closet. Maybe you can rest on the couch for once?" You raised your eyebrows a little and Raphael placed his hands next to your head.

"Did you forget that you have practically moved into my apartment and not the other way round?" Raphael's voice was nothing but a soft whisper and his lips almost touched your ear. "I'm afraid you can't banish me, this is my bed too, after all." He paused for a moment. "I would even say that if you prefer to sleep alone tonight, you should be the one to sleep on the couch." His fingers trailed over the sensitive skin of your neck, following the vein that was beating rapidly.

"Would you really condemn a poor human girl to sleep on the couch?" You pouted and cocked your head while you curled your fingers around his wrist. "That couch might be quite expensive, but this is not how you treat delicate young ladies, Raphael Santiago."

"I would say it is not how you treat important vampires either." His nose brushed yours and he stood up so you could lift up the blanket, like you had done countless of times before already. "Besides, who else is going to keep you safe in this dark and dangerous world?" He wrapped his arms around you while he pressed his chest to your back.

A smile spread across your lips and you closed your eyes to enjoy the touch of his body to the fullest. "And here I thought that you were one of those dark and dangerous things in this world." You whispered, feeling safer than you had ever felt before.

"Only brainless Shadowhunters would think like that." Raphael tightened his grip around you and you felt the pleasant slumber already coming over you again. "And if you would be a brainless Shadowhunter, I wouldn't have loved you this much."