Raphael Santiago - "You may be an idiot, but you're my idiot"

You took another sip of your blood red wine and you stared at the full moon brightening the dark sky. You had had a busy day and you knew that the moment your head would touch your pillow you would fall asleep for hours. But if you would go to bed right now you would miss Raphael's good night kiss, which he could come bring to you at any moment.

"If anything is possible, is it possible for something to be impossible?" Raphael wrapped his arms around your waist and he pressed your back to his chest while his lips almost touched your ear.

You could see the reflection of his smile in the window and while you put your glass down you turned around to kiss his red lips. "Is that your new way to say good evening?"

His smile brightened and his pale finger tucked a strand of hair behind your ear. "Maybe, I'm after all the one who put the fun in dysfunctional."

You rolled your eyes and took a deep breath while you wrapped your arms around his neck. "Is it one of those nights again? Was there alcohol in your blood bag?" You cocked your head and your nose brushed his.

"We have excellent screeners who make sure we only get the best blood for consumption." Raphael smiled a teasing smile and you could see the glimmer in his eyes. "But beauty is in the eye of the beer holder."

"Raphael..." You took a deep breath and you slammed his chest with your fists. "If you make one more stupid pun, I will literally stab you." You rolled your eyes, but the smile on his face was only brightening.

"Please, love, cut me some slack?" Raphael pouted and you tried to keep a straight face, but eventually you failed hopelessly. "I love it when you laugh out loud like this." Raphael spoke softly while he pressed his forehead to yours. "That frown on your head doesn't suit you, but that smile makes you even prettier than you already are."

"Wasn't beauty in the eye of the beer holder? That pun of yours might have ruined your attempt to compliment me, Mr. Santiago." Your eyes met his and the smile on your face brightened even more.

"I know. Sometimes I can be an idiot, I believe." Raphael bit his lip and his white teeth reflected the light of the full moon.

"You may be an idiot, but you're my idiot." You leaned on the tips of your toes and once again your lips touched his for a short moment. "And I wouldn't want to live without you."

"It's a good thing then that there is a very big chance that I will outlive you." He tapped the tip of your nose, but there was a certain kind of sadness hidden behind his lighthearted words. He wouldn't get ill, unlike you. He wouldn't grow old, unlike you. And maybe he would never die, unlike you.

"And it's a good thing then that I'm still young and we have many many years of happiness ahead of us."