Raphael Santiago - "If you can't sleep... we could have sex?"

You had fallen asleep as often as Raphael had woken you up again. Every time you had drifted off into some nice slumber, Raphael had turned around murmuring something about hating the mundane rhythm and having to sleep during the night. "Are you still awake?" You opened your eyes and turned towards the vampire next to you.

He was not wearing a shirt, but the white sheets were covering most of his body. "I can't seem to get used to sleeping during the hours I can walk around outside without having to worry about the sunlight." He let out a deep sigh and he wrapped an arm around your shoulders.

You curled your lips up into a smile. "You don't have to spend the night with me, you know that right?" You let your fingers draw circles on his naked chest. Slowly you circled towards his nipple and while your heart started racing in your chest you locked your glance with his.

"I don't want to keep you up before a work day, honey." Raphael smiled back at you and he tightened his grip around you. "You should go back to sleep and maybe I can go to the living room to read a book so I can't accidentally wake you up again." He pressed a soft kiss on your forehead.

"Raphael..." Your voice was barely a whisper while you put your hand in the middle of his bare torso. "If you can't sleep..." You licked your lips and paused for a moment. "We could have sex?" You avoided his glance a little and your cheeks were slowly heating up. "We're together for a few months now and I really love it that you're a gentleman, but I'm all grown up and I'm totally ready for the next step, that is, if you are..."

For a moment there was nothing but silence. Raphael stopped breathing and his arms froze around your body. "I love you, (Y/N), and during my long life as a vampire I've never met someone as remarkable and wonderful as you are, but..." He hesitated for a moment. "Ever since I can remember I've never had the longing to be with someone like that." He avoided your glance and you frowned your eyebrows while you pushed yourself up a little.

"You've never wanted to have sex with someone?" You cocked your head and blinked a few times.

"No, I..." Raphael seemed a little uncomfortable and you pressed the palm of your hand to his cheek to encourage him, to encourage him to talk, to explain what he wanted, what he needed, what he longed for. "I simply prefer doing other things with you. I prefer making you dinner or watching a movie. I prefer talking to you with a few glasses of wine. I prefer seeing you smile after I told you something funny."

You couldn't help but smiling at him and you let your hand wander over his neck, his shoulder. "I didn't know that." You paused for a moment. "I really thought you were simply being a gentleman or waiting for me to say something. I thought you were maybe afraid that I would think you would only want me for the sex."

"I hope it doesn't change anything between us." Raphael curled his fingers around your wrist. "Because I can't imagine a life without you anymore."

"I can't imagine a life without you anymore either." You smiled once more. "But I think I can imagine a live without the sex." You nodded at him and then you let your head rest in your pillow again. "Enjoy your book then."

Raphael curled his lips up into a smile and he stepped out of the bed before pressing another kiss on your forehead. "Have some wonderful dreams, my love."