Raphael Santiago "It's six o'clock in the morning, you're not having vodka"

You moaned while you opened your eyes. The early morning sun almost blinded you and you cursed out loud when you tried to push yourself up, but felt an overwhelming headache holding you back. Maybe you shouldn't have had that last few glasses of champagne yesterday. Maybe you should have stopped yourself from getting to the point where you had already known that you would wake up with the consequences, but stopping yourself had been a lot harder than you had thought.

"Good morning, princess." Raphael pressed a soft kiss on your forehead and his white teeth were glimmering when he curled his lips up to smile at you. "I assume that you are paying the price for the amount of alcohol you have consumed last night?" His cold hand touched your sweating skin and you moaned once again, fighting the urge to just turn around and pull the blankets over your head.

Sometimes you hated sharing your life with a vampire. While you were feeling like a truck had driven over you, he was smiling like he had been having a picnic in the park. "You know what's the perfect solution for a problem like this?" You raised your eyebrows and didn't even bother to wait until Raphael frowned his. "More alcohol. Didn't you bring a nice bottle of..." You couldn't finish your sentence.

"As much as I love you, it's six o'clock in the morning, you're not having vodka." Raphael shook his head while his cold hand wandered over your cheeks, your neck, your shoulder, your arm. "I could give you aspirin and water." Raphael sat down on the edge of the bed and his eyes lingered on you for a few seconds. "I could give you a warm bath or a cold towel, whatever you prefer. I can make sure we keep the curtains closed until you are feeling a slight bit better, but I will not be curing your symptoms with the very cause of them."

You closed your eyes and pouted. "I'm not sure if I should be angry right now or happy that I have such a caring boyfriend." You sighed and you could hear a small giggle escaping his lips. "I'm leaning towards the very first option at the moment, but maybe I'll change my mind during the day."

"I don't mind if you don't." Raphael pressed another kiss to your forehead before he stood up to walk towards the kitchen. "Even if you will be mad at me for the upcoming week I will only repeat what I've just said the next time something like this will happen."

"There won't be a next time." You sounded firmly and confident. "Next time I'll stop drinking in time, I promise."

"I might be mistaken, but isn't that what you've said last time this happened?" Raphael gently placed the blanket over you. "But, I happily take care of you."