(25) The Ambush

OK guys this chapter is very short and I apologize but I've found it so difficult to write - hence why it's took so long to update. If you hate this I can easily come back to it one day once the story is done but for now I just really want to move on to the next few chapters.

Please vote/comment if you like it and trust me I will not take 2/3 months to update again I'm so sorry about that.

The Ambush:

October 22nd 2015

Rachel stared at the ring on her finger.  She still couldn't quite believe it. After seeing many people rush into things with their relationships, only for them to end up breaking up , Rachel had promised herself that even if she thought she'd found the perfect guy she would wait to make sure and yet here she found herself engaged after only 9 months. Not only that but instead of waiting at least a year she was set to marry in just 3 months time.

She felt like she should feel a fool.  Yet she didn't. 

It felt right. 

She didn't know why.  If Ben had proposed to her rather than break up with her she would have freaked out but with Nate she was excited. She felt ready.

She lifted her gaze from her ring when someone knocked on the front door.

"Hey babe ,are you expecting someone?" Rachel shouted to Nate as she got up off the sofa.

Nate frowned as he came through from the kitchen, a dish cloth in his hand. "Don't think so." He told her with a shrug as she opened the door.

"Hannah." Rachel said surprised. "What're you doing here?"

Hannah let out a breath,  causing her newly cut fringe to lift up. "Ask them." She said slightly irritated as she pointed behind her.

Rachel looked behind her to see Carly and Casey squabbling as they pulled multiple binders out of Casey's trunk.

"I'm telling you,  doves are romantic!" Carly told Casey, quickly bending to pick up one of the binders that had fallen.

Casey rolled her eyes as she slammed the boot shut. "Doves will just crap everywhere,  it's bad enough they want an outdoor wedding in the first place, we don't need to make the risk of people getting crap on them any higher!"

Carly opened her mouth to respond but quickly realised it was no use when Casey finally noticed Rachel had opened the door and shook it off instead. "Rach!" Casey quickly dumped her half of the binders onto Carly's pile, making her groan from the weight, before rushing over to fling her arms over Rachel to give her a tight hug. "Ugh it's so good to see you!  I can't believe I missed that dinner. You have no idea how devasted I was when I saw that Facebook post. You and Nate - engaged! God I can barely believe it but I'm so happy for you!"

"Uh hey." Rachel croaked causing Casey to jump back.

"Oops sorry,  didn't mean to crush you."

"It's fine...what's going on here exactly?" She asked pointing to the binders.

Carly rolled her eyes. "Well duh it's to help you plan your wedding!" Rachel rose an eyebrow at Hannah who just shrugged at her as Carly shoved her out of the way. "We have everything in here. Cakes, dresses,  chairs, flowers,  napkins-"

"Napkins? Why do I need to choose napkins?" Rachel cut in.

Carly looked at her like she was crazy. "Well they have to match obviously. Now. What's your colour scheme?" Rachel just stared blankly at her. "Oh come on Rach, surely you have a colour scheme by now?"