Chapter 3

I scream in pain as I hold the bullet wound on my leg. Son of a bitch that's painful. I look around trying to find whoever shot me so I can break their neck.
  "I'm not alone up here!" I say.
"What!?" That was Tony. "What's going on!? Are you ok!?"
"Bastard shot me in the leg!"
"Get out of there!" That was Steve.
"No! I need to land this thing! Clint tell me the code-" someone comes up behind me, picks me up, and throws me to the wall.
"Winky you there?!" I hear a panicked Tony say.
I might die. They need to know who killed me or at least get an idea.
"Male, 6,3 long brown long hair, metal arm" the man turns to me. He has a gun. He aims it at me, pointing it directly in between my eyes. The worst part is, it's really close to my-wait!
"Captain America!" I shout pointing behind the man. I catch his eye turn for a second and I hit the gun out of his hands, knocking it out of reach, and kick him with my good leg. He hits a corner on the control panel.  I jump on him and stab my claws into his chest, electrocuting him. He doesn't even pass out, but its still enough. The psycho stumbles and I punch him. The man falls to the ground.
  I rush back to the controls as fast as I can, every step I'm taking feels like I'm being shot over and over again. I'm feeling light headed, I must be losing a lot of blood.
"Clint! What's the password again?"
"Oh thank God you're still alive!"
"CLINT!"
"Right it's: 433167"
I punch it in as fast as I can and press enter. Accept.
"It worked!" I exclaim. I look behind me to see the man running full speed towards me!
"Shit!"
I can't run, I can barely walk! He grabs me and throws me out the window!
I scream as I slid down the air craft to my death. I franticly try to hold onto something to save myself but there's nothing that will give me a good grip. I slid off. I feel like my stomach is in my throat. I'm going to die, this is it.
Suddenly someone grabs me.

• • • • •

I wake up. Sort of. I blink some of the blur away.
Where am I? I think. I turn my head to see Tony sitting next to me. When he notices I'm awake, he sits up straight.
"Hey, Winky" he says in a calming voice.
"Hey" I say, In a tired voice. "What happened?"
"I saw you were about to fall so I caught you. I think you passed out" he answered.
"Oh" I look over to see Steve sitting down on the bench. He looks stressed.
Is it about me? I think.
   I mean, its just a leg injury, and I'll be 100% by tomorrow, I regenerate. What's he so frazzle about?
    "What's up with stars and stripes?" I ask. Tony turns around to look at Steve, then to me.
   "That man who attacked you, you described him to us"

"Yeah I did" I say as I sit up. "I wanted you guys to get an idea of what he looks like just in case he killed me. What of it?" I'm kinda confused.  Tony opens his mouth to speak but is interrupted by Steve.

   "Winky, you're awake" he says. I nod.

"How long was I out for?" I ask.

"Bout 45 minutes" Steve answers.

"Winky, can we talk?"

"Of course"

Steve looks at Tony. "All right, I'm leaving" he says as he stands up. Once he leaves the room, Steve starts looking really serious.
"Is something wrong? Look I tried my best, and I know that I was hurt and someone was attacking me, but you gave me orders and-"

"Winky" Steve cuts me off. I look at him with my big, periwinkle eyes.
"You did great out there" that surprised me.
"I...I did?"

"Yeah. You were fighting, even though you were hurt. Some people might give up, but you kept on going. That's real tough" he says smiling. I'm beaming. Steve is like a role model to me, and hearing him say that I did good makes me feel like the happiest girl on earth.
Steve lets out a sigh, followed by a worried look.
"Listen Winky, uh, that man you described...was he wearing a mask, slightly similar to yours, except all the fancy stuff on it?" I nod.

What's going on? I wonder.

"Well...I think you encountered an old friend of mine"

I think it's really cute how much Winky respects Steve. And that the Avengers are practically her family I love that. Hope you enjoy!